There are two common ways of saying what time it is.
- 6:05 - six (oh) five or five past six
- 6:10 - six ten or ten past six
- 6:15 - six fifteen or a quarter past six
- 6:25 - six twenty five or twenty five past six
- 6:30 - six thirty or half past six
- 6:45 - six forty five or a quarter to seven
- 6:50 - six fifty or ten to seven
- 7:00 - seven o'clock
- Wake me at six (o'clock).
- Wake me at ten past six. (NOT ... ten past six o'clock.)
- Ten past six (= 6:10, Great Britain)
- Ten after six (= 6:10, US)
- Ten to nine (= 8:50, GB)
- Ten of nine (= 8:50, US)
- What time is it?
- What is the time?
- Have you got the time? (Informal)
- Could you tell me the time?
- What time is it by your watch?