Monday, April 16, 2012

Conjunction practice for JSC Exam


1.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
but
until
while
though
as
unless
if
wKšÍ
‡h ch©šÍ bv
hLb
hw`I
‡h‡nZz
hw` bv
hw`
(a)He could not go to school ----he was ill.(‡m ¯‹y‡j †h‡Z cvij bv KviY †m Amy¯’ wQj|
(b)---you don’t work hard, you will not shine in life.
   (hw` bv Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki,Zzwg Rxe‡b DbœwZ Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(c) ----he is poor, he is honest.(hw`I †m Mixe,†m mr|)
(d) ---I was sleeping, the phone rang.(hLb Avwg Nygvw”Qjvg †dvbwU †e‡R DVj
(e) Wait here---I come back. (Avwg wd‡i bv Avmv ch©šÍ GLv‡b A‡c¶v Ki|
2.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
for
if
So that
that
since
Kvi‡b/R‡b¨
hw`
hv‡Z/D‡Ï‡k¨
hv
‡_‡K/nB‡Z
(a)---duty calls, we must obey.( hw` `vwqZ¡ Wv‡K,Aek¨B Avgiv cvjb Kie|)
(b) Live well---you may die well. (fvjfv‡e evPu hv‡Z fvjfv‡e gi‡Z cvi|)
(c)He fled---he was afraid.( †m fq cvIqvi Kvi‡Y cvwj‡q †Mj|)
(d)I am sure ----he said so. ( Avwg wbwðZ †h ‡m GUv e‡jwQj|)
(e)The sun cannot enter ----the forest is very dense.
    (†h‡nZz ebwU Mfxi GwU‡Z m~‡h©i Av‡jv cÖ‡ek Ki‡Z cv‡i bv|)
3.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
than
lest
whether
though
hw` bv
‡P‡q
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
wK ---bv
hw`I
(a)Don’t eat anything---you are hungry.( hw` Zzwg ¶za©vZ bv _vK Z‡e Zzwg wKQy †L‡qv bv|
(b)I have no other friend---you. ( Zzwg Qvov Avgvi †Kvb eÜz †bB|
(c) I could not find out house---gave me the address.
      (hw`I Zzwg wVKvbv w`‡qwQj,Avwg †Zvgvi evmv Ly‡Ru cvBwb|
(d)The farmers used pesticides---insects might harm their crops.
    (KxZcZ½¸wj dm‡ji ¶wZ Kivi f‡q K…l‡Kiv KxUbvkK e¨envi KiZ|
(e)She asked me---I liked tea.( †m Avgv‡K wRÁvmv Kij Avwg Pv cQ›` Kwi wKbv|
4.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
lest
as
how
though
why
unless
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
‡h‡nZz/KviY
‡hfv‡e
hw`I
‡h Kvi‡Y
hw` bv
(a)I know the reason ----------- he did it.  (Zvi GB KvRwU Kivi KviY Avwg Rvwb |)
(b)He finished first -------- he began late. (hw`I †m ïi“ K‡iwQj mevi †k‡l †m †kl K‡i‡Q mevi Av‡M|)
(c) ------- you work hard, you will fail. (hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Z‡e Zzwg †dj Ki‡e|)
(d)Walk fast -------- you should miss the train. (†UªbwU nviv‡Z bv PvB‡j `ª“Z nvUu)
(e) I hate him -------- he is lazy.(†m Ajm nIqvi Kvi‡Y Avwg Zv‡K N„Yv Kwi|)

5.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
and
As though
before
for
hw` bv
Ges
‡hb
c~‡e©
R‡b¨/Kvi‡Y
(a)You should look --------- you leap. (†`‡L ï‡b cv evovI A_ev †f‡e wP‡šÍ KvR Ki|)
(b)Allah made the country ---------- man made the town.
   (Avj­vn †`k m„wó K‡i‡Qb Avi gvbyl bMix ˆZwi K‡i‡Q|)
(c) -------- you study more.(hw` Zzwg AwaK covïbv bv Ki Z‡e Zzwg AwaK wkL‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(d)I must watch you, --------- such is my duty.(Avwg †Zvgv‡K †`‡L ivLe GUvB Avgvi KZ©e¨|)
(e)He talks -------- he were made. (†m GBiyc K_v e‡j †hb †m cvMj|)
6.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
since
though
Lest
that
hw` bv
nB‡Z/†_‡K
hw`I
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
hv
(a)He ran fast ------- he should catch the bus. (evmwU nviv‡bvi f‡q †m `ª“Z †`Š‡owQj|)
(b) -------- he is poor, he is honest. (hw` I †m Mixe †m mr|)
(c)He will not prosper ----- he works hard.  (hw` †m K‡Vvi cwikªg bv K‡i ‡m DbœwZ Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(d)It is clear --------- ha has done the work. (GUv ¯úó †h †m G KvRwU K‡i‡Q|)
(e)Five years have passed --------- I saw you. (cvPu eQi AwZµg nj †h Avwg †Zvgv‡K †`‡LwQ|)
7.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
But
Either
Though
Or
wKšÍ
nq bv nq
hw`I
A_ev
(a) ------ She is black, she looks beautiful. (hw`I †m Kv‡jv,†m †`L‡Z my›`i|)
(b)You can take -------- meat or fish. (Zzwg hw` gvQ bv nq †MvkZ †L‡Z cvi|)
(c)Not only she feels relieved ------ also delighted.(†m †KejgvÎ gyw³ †cj bv AwaKš‘ Avb›`I †cj|)
(d)I would like ------- not milk.(Avwg `ya †_‡K wPwb †ewk cQ›` KiZvg|)
8.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Lest
As if
Until
unless
after
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
†hb
hZ¶b bv
hw` bv
ci
(a)Continue the work ---------- I ask you to stop.  
     (hZ¶b bv ch©šÍ Avwg †Zvgv‡K _vgv‡Z eje ZZ¶b KvR Pvwj‡q hvI|)
(b)He will not prosper --- he works hard. (hw` †m K‡Vvi cwikªg bv K‡i †m DbœwZ jvf Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(c)It rained ---------- he had gone there. (†m †mLv‡b hvIqvi ci e„wó ïi“ n‡qwQj|)
(d)She talks -------- she were mad. (†m Giƒc K_v e‡j †hb †m cvMj|)
(e)Walk fast ---------- you should miss the train. (‡UªbwU nviv‡Z bv PvB‡j `ª“Z nvUu|)
9.    Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Lest
and
than
or
if
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
Ges
‡P‡q
A_ev
hw`I
(a)The earth is larger --------- the moon. (c„w_ex Puv`u †_‡K A‡bK eo|)
(b)He will sure come ------- you invite him. (Zzwg hw` Zv‡K wbgš¿Y Ki‡Z Zvn‡j †m AvmZ|)
(c) Walk fast ---------- you should miss the class.) (K¬vkwU nviv‡Z bv PvB‡j `ª“Z nvUu|)
(d)Study attentively ------- fail in the examination. (g‡bv‡hvM mnKv‡I co bZzev cix¶vq †dj Ki‡e|)
(e)Both he -------- his friend came. (†m Ges Zvi eÜz Df‡qB G‡mwQj|)





10.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Till
As
That
Unless
Because
ch©šÍ
‡h‡nZz
hv
hw` bv
KviY
(a)My father wants ---------- I read the holy Quran everyday.
      (Avgvi evev Pvq Avwg cÖwZw`b Avwg †KviAvb cwo|)
(b)He worked -------- he grew tired. (†m KvR KiZ †h ch©šÍ bv †m K¬všÍ nZ|)
(c)Crop did not grow well ------- there was drought. (Liv _vKvi Kvi‡b djb fvj nqwb|)
(d) --------- he behaved rough he was punished.(Lvivc e¨env‡ii Kvi‡Y Zv‡K kvw¯Í †`qv nj|)
(e)Don’t eat anything --------- you are hungry.  (hw` Zzwg ¶zavZ© bv _vK Z‡e wKQy †L‡qv bv|)
11.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Till
Not only
So
For
Before
as
Like
ch©šÍ
‡KejgvÎ bq
ZvB
R‡b¨/Kvi‡Y
c~‡e©
KviY
gZ
(a)The man is -------- weak that he can’t go out.  (†jvKwU GZB `ye©j †h †m nvUu‡Z cv‡i bv|)
(b)I do not like him -------- he is lazy. (†m Ajm nIqvi Kvi‡Y Avwg Zv‡K cQ›` Kwi bv|)
(c)I shall have done the work ---------- he comes. (†m Avgvi Avmvi c~‡e© Avwg KvRwU Kie|)
(d)Do the work ------ he tells you. (‡m †hB iƒc e‡j‡Q †mBiƒc KvRwU Ki|)
(e)He can not speak English fluently ------------ his father does.
   (‡m fvjfv‡e Bs‡iwR ej‡Z cv‡i bv †hBiƒc Zvi evev e‡j|)
12.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
So that
Unless
Since
Where
while
Than
hv‡Z
hw` bv
‡_‡K/nB‡Z
‡hLv‡b
hLb
‡P‡q
(a)No one knows -------- he went. (‡m Rv‡b bv †m †Kv_vq wM‡qwQj|)
(b)It is long ------- I saw you last. (Bnv nq `xN© mgq †h Avwg †Zvgv‡K †kl †`‡LwQjvg|)
(c)There were more people ---- we had expected. (‡mLv‡b Avgv‡`i cÖZ¨vkvi †P‡q I †ekx †jvK wQj|)
(d)Some people live ------- they may eat. (wKQy †jvK †e‡Pu _v‡K hv‡Z Zviv †L‡Z cv‡i|)
(e)We shall fail ------------ we are industrious. (hw` Avgiv cwikªgx bv nB Avgiv e¨_© ne|)
13.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Unless
Lest
Or
Whatever
What
hw` bv

A_ev
B”QvgZ
wK/hv
(a)Rich------- he is, he is unhappy. (abx †hB †nvK †m AmyLx|)
(b)Let him do ------- he likes. (Zv‡K Zvi B”QvgZ hw` `vI|)
(c)I ran fast ------ I missed the train.(Avwg `ª“Z †`Š‡owQjvg hw` bv Avwg †UªbwU ai‡Z e¨_© nB|)
(d)The purse has been lost -------- stolen. (e¨vMwU nq nvwi‡q‡Q A_ev Pzwi n‡q‡Q|)
(e)He reads attentively ------- he should fail in the examination.
    (cix¶vq †dj Kivi f‡q †m g‡bv‡hvM mnKv‡i c‡o|)
14.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Whether
Nor
Though
And
But
wKbv
bq
hw`I
Ges
wKš‘
(a)Many were interviewed, ---------- a few were given selection.
    (A‡bK R‡bi cix¶v †bIqv nj wKšÍ ¯^í msL¨K‡K wbev©Pb n‡jv|)
(b)Be just -------- do not be afraid of evil.  (b¨vqcivqb _vK Ges `yó †jvK‡`i fq †c‡qv bv|)
(c)She asked me --------- I liked tea. (†m Avgv‡K wRÁvmv K‡iwQj Avwg Pv cQ›` Kwi wKbv|)
(d)The man is neither polite --------- helpful. (gvbylwU bv nq f`ª bv Kv‡Ri|)
(e) ----------- he is black, he looks beautiful. (hw`I †m Kvj,†m †`L‡Z my›`i|)
15.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Because
That
Whatever
And
But
KviY
hv
hvB‡nvK
Ges
wKšÍ
(a)I usually go to school by Rickshaw, ---------- yesterday I went by bus.
  (Avwg mvaviYZ ¯‹y‡j hvB wi·vq K‡i wKšÍ MZw`b Avwg ev‡m K‡i wM‡qwQjvg|)
(b)Anwar feels nervous --------- today is his first day at school.
   (Av‡bvqvi wePwjZ Abyfe Ki‡Q KviY ¯‹z‡j AvR Zvi cÖ_g w`b|)
(c)She likes both milk ------- meat. (†m `ya Ges gvsm DfqwUB cQ›` K‡i|)
(d)He become so angry --- he could not speak. (†m GZB ivMvwš^Z n‡qwQj †h †m K_v ej‡Z cvij bv|)
(e) --------- he says, his father pays no attention. (†m hvB B ejyK Zvi evev †Kvb g‡bv‡hvM †`q bv|)
16.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Where
When
Lest
Unless
As if
‡hLv‡b
hLb

hw` bv
‡hb
(a)The old man is walking slowly --- he should fall down. (e„ׇjvKwU c‡o hvIqvi f‡q Av‡¯Í nv‡Uu|)
(b)Scarcely had I touched the electric wire -------- I got shocked.
     (Avwg ‰e`¨ywZK ZviwU Qy‡U bv Qy‡U av°v †Ljvg|)
(c)I was likely to fall in danger -------- they had helped me in time.
     (Avwg m¤¢eZ wec‡` c‡o wM‡qwQjvg †hLv‡b Zviv Avgv‡K mgqgZ mvnvh¨ K‡iwQj|)
(d) -------- there is life, there is hope. (hZ¶b k¦vm,ZZ¶b Avku)
(e)He talks --------- he knew the fact. (†m Giƒc K_v e‡j †hb †m me e¨vcviwU Rv‡b|)
17.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
If
And
After
Unless
That
hw`
Ges
c‡i
hw` bv
hv
(a) ------- you worked hard, you will fail. (hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Zvn‡j e¨_© n‡e|)
(b)He returned home -------- the rain had stoped. (e„wó _vgvi ci Zviv evwo †Mj|)
(c)IK could phone him -------- I knew his number.
      (Avwg hw` Zvi †dvb b¤^I RvbZvg Zvn‡j Zv‡K †dvb KiZvg|)
(d)It is hopped all will go well. (Giƒc Avkv Kiv hvq †h mevB fvj Ki‡e|)
(e)Speak the truth ------- you will be rewarded. (mZ¨ K_v ej Ges Zzwg cyi¯‹…Z n‡e|)
18.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
As
If
That
Though

So that
‡h‡nZz
hw`
hv
hw`I
hLb
hv/hv‡Z
(a) -------- he had good qualification; he did not get a job.
  (hw`I Zvi fvj †hvM¨Zv Av‡Q,†m †Kvb PvKzwi †cj bv|)
(b) -------- the day breaks, darkness disappears.(hLb w`b ïi“ nq AÜKvi `~ixf~Z nq|)
(c) ----- you clean your teeth, you will feel fresh.(hw` †Zvgvi `vZu cwi¯‹vi Ki,Zzwg ¯^w¯Í Abyfe Ki‡e|)
(d)Mr. Ant worked hard ------- he could grow more food.
     (hLb Av‡bvqv‡ii evev evwo Avmj †m ¯^w¯Í Abyfe Kij|)
(e)Mr. Grasshopper sang so sweetly --------- it pleased Mr. Ant.  
  (†h‡nZz wg wccov K‡Vvi cwikªg KiZ,Zvi Lvev‡ii Afve wQj bv|)






19.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
or
and
yet
though

bZzev
Ges
Z_vwc
hw`I

(a)Two ------- three make five. (`B Ges wZ‡b cvPu nq|)
(b)I was annoyed, -------- you kept queit. (hw`I Avwg ivMvwš^Z wQjvg Z_vwc Avwg kvšÍ wQjvg|)
(c)Walk quickly; -- you will not over take them. (`ªyZ nvU bZzev Zzwg Zv‡`i AwZµg Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(d)God make the country ---------- man made the town.  
     (Avj­vn †`k m„wó K‡i‡Qb Ges gvbyl bMix m„wó K‡i‡Qb|)
(   )
20.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
So that
Before
Lest
Provided
however
but
hv‡Z
c~‡e©
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
GK k‡Z©
hvB‡nvK
wKšÍ
(a)He is Rich -------- miserly. (‡m abx wKšÍ K…cb|)
(b)You are wrong ------- you are pardoned this time.
   (Zzwg Ab¨vq K‡i‡Qv hvB‡nvK †Zvgv‡K GBevi ¶gv K‡i †`qv nj|)
(c)Do not go ------- I come.  (Avwg Avmvi c~‡e© †hI bv|)
(d)I worked hard ------ I should fail. (‡m AK…ZKvh© nIqvi f‡q Avwg K‡Vvi cwikªg KiZvg|)
(e)I shall help you -------- you obey me. (hw` Zzwg Avgv‡K gv‡bv Avwg †Zvgv‡K mvnvh¨ Kie|)

21.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
And
That
Lest
Otherwise
such
but
Ges
hv
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
Ab¨_vq
Ggb
wKšÍ
(a)Work hard ----- you will fail. (‡m K‡Vvi cwikªg Ki bZzev AK…ZKvh© n‡e|)
(b)He is not -------- as fool as you think.  (†m GZ †evKv bv Zzwg †hgb †f‡ewQ‡j|)
(c)He wrote to me -------- he would come. (‡m Avgv‡K wj‡LwQ‡j †h †m Avm‡e|)
(d)He is poor -------- honest. (‡m Mixe wKšÍ †m mr|)
(e)He ran fast ---------- he should miss the bus. (‡m evmwU nviv‡bvi f‡q †m `ªyZ †`Š‡owQj|)
22.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Such
Or
Where
While
if
Unless
Ggb
A_ev
‡hLv‡b
‡hLv‡b
hw`
hw` bv
(a) ------ I was sleeping the phone rang.  (hLb Avwg Nygvw”Qjvg,ZLb †dvb †e‡R DVj|)
(b) ------- there is life, there is hope.  (hZ¶b k¦vm ZZ¶b Avku|)
(c)Do ----- go away.  (Ki A_ev P‡j hvI|)
(d) ------ I were a rich man.  (hw` Avwg abx nZvg,Zvn‡j Avwg Mixe‡`i mvnvh¨ KiZvg|)
(e) He is not ------ as fool as you think. (Zzwg †hgb †f‡ewQ‡j †m †Zgb †evKv bq|)
23.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
why
that
as
for
still
while
‡hKvi‡b
 hv
 †h‡nZz
R‡b¨/Kvi‡b
ZeyI
hLb
(a)Do not play----you are in the class. (hLb Zzwg K¬v‡m _vK ZLb †Ljvayjv Ki‡e bv|)
(b)He told me---he did not go there. (†m Avgv‡K e‡jwQj †h †m †mLv‡b hvqwb|)
(c)Either he --------his friends did it. (nq †m bZzev Zvi eÜziv GwU K‡iwQj|)
(d)He is rich --------he is unhappy. (†m abx ZeyI AmyLx|)
(e)This is the same book------I bought yesterday.(GwU GKB eB †hwU Avwg MZw`b µq K‡iwQjvg|)


24.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
neither
Whether
But
Both
But also
`yB‡qi †KvbwU bq|
wK bv
wKšÍ
DfqB
†KejgvÎ
(a)----my father and mother are teachers. (Avgvi evev Ges gv DfqB wk¶K|)
(b)He feels not only relieved –delighted.(†KejgvÎ ¯^w¯Í †cj bv Avb›` Dc‡fvM Kij|)
(c) The book is ---interesting nor accurate.(eBwU bv wQj gRvi bv wQj mwVK|
(d)I do not care ---you go or stay. (Zzwg _vK ev hvI Avwg †Zvgv‡K AvMÖn †`Lve bv|
(e)Our wealth is little,---our hearts are great.(Avgv‡`i m¤ú` mxwgZ wKšÍ n„`q eo|
25.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
before
After
and
but
hw` bv
c~‡e©
c‡i
Ges
wKšÍ
(a) Good made the country---man made the town.
     (Avj­vn †`k m„wó K‡i‡Qb wKšÍ gvbyl bMix m„wó K‡i‡Qb|)
(b)He tried ---did not succeed.( ‡m †Póv K‡iwQj wKšÍ mdj nqwb|)
(c) Look ----you leap.(ey‡S ï‡b cv evovI A_ev †f‡e wP‡šÍ KvR Ki|)
(d)You will not succeed—you work harder.( Zzwg hw` K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Zvn‡j mdj n‡Z cvi‡e bv|
(e)We arrived---you had gone.( †Zvgiv hvIqvi ci Avgiv †cŠQjvg|)
26.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
and
till
until
while
lest
or
hw` bv
Ges
ch©šÍ
‡h ch©šÍ bv
 †hLv‡b
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
A_ev
(a)The poor starve ----the rich waste.(Mix‡eiv ¶za©vZ _v‡K hLb abxiv AcPq K‡i|)
(b)The man ran fast---he should have missed the bus. (‡m evmwU nviv‡bvi f‡q †jvKwU `ª“Z nvUuj|
(c)Be just—fear not.(b¨vqcivqb nI Ges fq †c‡qv bv|)
(d)Wait here---I don’t come back.(A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b bv Avwg wd‡i Avwm|)
(e)----you try hard, you cannot succeed.( Zzwg hw` †Póv bv Ki,Zvn‡j mdj n‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
27.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
while
when
lest
until
hw` bv
hLb(`yBwU KvR GK m‡½ ïi“ n‡j)
hLb
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
‡h ch©šÍ bv
(a)Hardly had I reached the station---the train left.
      ( Avgiv †÷k‡b †cŠwQu‡Z bv †cŠwQu‡Z †UªbwU †÷kb Z¨vM Kij|)
(b)---I was sleeping the phone rang.( hLb Avwg Nygvw”Qjvg ZLb †dvbwU †e‡R DVj|)
(c)---you work hard, you will not succeed. ( hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Zvn‡j mdj n‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(d)Walk fast----you should miss the train.(†UªbwU nviv‡Z bv PvB‡j `ª“Z nvUu|)
(e)Wait here-----I return. (‡m A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b ch©šÍ Avwg wd‡i bv Avwm|)
28.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
because
unless
but
and
If
or
KviY
hw` bv
wKšÍ
Ges
hw`
A_ev
(a)Work hard---you will succeed. ( cwikªg Ki Ges Zzwg mdj n‡e|)
(b)The train was derailed----no one was hurt.( †UªbwU jvBbPy¨Z nj wKšÍ †KD AvNvZ cvqwb|)
(c)----you respect others, you will not be respected.
     ( Zzwg hw` Ab¨‡K m¤§vb Ki Z‡e wb‡R m¤§vwbZ n‡e|)
(d)I belive him---he is truthful. (Avwg wek¦vm Kwi KviY †m mZ¨ev`x|)
(e) Study hard---you will not shine. (K‡Vvi cov‡jLv Ki bZzev mdj n‡Z cvi‡e bv|)


29.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
If
since
that
before
because
hw`
‡h‡nZz
hv
c~‡e©
KviY
(a)He will ran away---he was afraid.( ‡m fq cvIqvi Kvi‡Y cvwj‡q †Mj|)
(b)Answer the first question----you proceed further.
   ( Ab¨ cÖ‡kœi DËi †`Iqvi c~‡e© cÖ_g cÖ‡kœi DËi `vI|)
(c) You will pass—you work hard.(hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg Ki Zvn‡j cvm Ki‡e|)
(d)You say so, I must belive it.( Zzwg †ek ejvi Kvi‡Y Avwg Aek¨B GUv wek¦vm Kie|)
(e)Tell them---I will come.(Zv‡`i‡K ej †h Avwg Avme|)
30.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
If
and
after
unless
that
hw`
Ges
c‡i
hw` bv
hv
(a)------you work hard, you will fail.( hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Zvn‡j e¨_© n‡e|)
(b)He returned home---the rain had stopped.( e„wó _vgvi ci Zviv evwo wdij|)
(c)I could phone him---I knew his number.(Avwg hw` Zvi b¤^iRvbZvg Zvn‡j Avwg Zv‡K †dvb KiZvg|)
(d)It is hopped---all will go well.(Giƒc Avkv Kiv hvq †h mevB fvj Ki‡e|)
(e)Speak the truth---you will be rewarded.( mZ¨ K_v ej Ges Zzwg cyi¯‹…Z n‡e|)
31.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
though
if
since
and
that
hw`I
hw`
‡h‡nZz
Ges
hv
(a) ---he was small, he could not work hard.(‡m GZ †QvU †h K‡Vvi cwikªg Ki‡Z cv‡ibv|)
(b) The sun rose—the fog dispersed.(m~h© Dw`Z n‡j Kzqvkv wg‡k A`„k¨ n‡q hvq|)
(c) It is clear ----he did this.(GUv ¯úó †h,G KvR †m K‡iwQj|)
(d) ----I were you I would help the poor.(hw` Avwg Zzwg nZvg Mixe‡`i mvnvh¨ KiZvg| )
(e) ---he worked hard, he did not pass. (hw`I †m K‡Vvi cwikªg K‡iwQj †m K…ZKvh© nqwb|)
32.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
because
what
if
whether
so
and
but
KviY
hv
hw`
wK  bv
ZvB
Ges
wKšÍ
(a)---I were you, I would not do it.(Avwg hw` Zzwg nZvg ,GwU Avwg KiZvg bv|)
(b) The baby is crying---it is hungry.(ev”PvwU Kv`uwQj KviY †m ¶za©vZ|)
(c) Be just ---fear not. (b¨vqcivqb nI Ges fq †c‡qv bv|)
(d) Tell me ---you know. (Zzwg hv Rv‡bv Avgv‡K e‡jv|)
(e) We will come---it rains or not. (Avgiv Avme e„wó ‡nvK bv B †nvK|)
33.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
because
however
and
that
until
as
although
KviY
hvB‡nvK
Ges
hv
‡h ch©šÍ bv
‡h‡nZz
hw`I
(a)---I return, stay where you are.(hZ¶b ch©šÍ Avwg bv wdiwQ Zzwg †hLv‡b AvQ †mLv‡bB _vK|)
(b)----he was industrious, I encouraged him.( ‡m †h‡nZz †m wQj cwikªgx,Avwg Zv‡K Drmvn w`‡qwQjvg|)
(c) You have done more ----I expected.(Zzwg Avgvi cÖZ¨vkvi †P‡q †ekx K‡iQ|)
(d)---rich you may be,  I do not care for you.(Zzwg hZB abx nI bv †Kb Avwg †Zvgv‡K c‡ivqv Kwi bv|)
(e)Follow my example---you will succeed.(Avgvi D`vnib Abymib Ki Ges Zzwg mdj n‡e|)




34.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
why
after
when
unless
lest
‡hKvi‡Y
c‡i
hLb
hw` bv
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
(a)It rained---I had gone to school.( Avgiv ¯‹z‡j hvIqvi ci e„wó n‡qwQj|)
(b) Hardly had he seen me---he became happy.(‡m Avgv‡K †`L‡Z bv †`L‡Z †m Lywk n‡qwQj|)
(c)Work hard---you will fail in the examination.
 (K‡Vvi cwikªg Ki bZzev Zzwg cix¶vq AK…ZKvh© n‡e|)
(d)I know the reason---he did it.(Avwg Zvi G KvR Kivi KviY Rvwb|)
(e)He ran fast---he should miss the bus.( ‡m evmwU nviv‡bvi f‡q †m `ªyZ ‡`Šovuj|)
35.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Why
When
If
Before
for
‡hKvi‡Y
hLb
hw`
c~‡e©
R‡b¨
(a)Answer the first question ---------- you proceed the further.
  (Ab¨vb¨ cÖkœ¸‡jvi DËi †`Iqvi c~‡e© cÖ_g cÖ‡kœi DËi `vI|)
(b) ------- I was young, I thought so. (hLb Avwg hyeK wQjvg Avwg †ewk †f‡ewQjvg|)
(c)I know not ------ he left us. (Avwg Rvwb bv †Kb †m Avgvw`M‡K Z¨vM K‡iwQj|)
(d)I must stay here ---- such is my duty.  (Avwg GLv‡b Aek¨B Ae¯’vb Kie KviY GUvB Avgvi KZ©e¨|)
(e)Catch me -------- you can. (hw` Zzwg cvi Zvn‡j Avgv‡K ai|)
36.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
otherwise
though
however
until
nevertheless
yet
therefore
hw` bv
Ab¨_vq
hw`I
hvB‡nvK
‡h ch©šÍ bv
bv ej‡jB bq
ZeyI
myZivs
(a)They are ugly and expensive --------- people buy them.
 (‡mUv wQj KzrwmZ Ges e¨qeûj ZeyI †jv‡Kiv †m¸‡jv µq K‡iwQj|)
(b)We must be early, --------- we won’t get a seat.
   (Avgv‡`i Aek¨B mKv‡j †h‡Z n‡e bZzev Avgiv GKwU Avmb I cve bv|)
(c)He had no qualification, --------- he got the job.(Zvi †Kvb †hvM¨Zv †bB Z_vwc †m PvKzwiUv †cj|)
(d)There is fog at Hear throw ------- the plane has been diverted.
   (wn‡_ªv wQj Kyqv”Qbœ,ZvB wegvb ¯’vbvšÍi Kiv n‡qwQj|)
(e)You couldn’t earn much. --------- You worked hard.
          (hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki‡Z,Zzwg h‡_ó Dcv©Rb Ki‡Z cvi‡Z bv|)
37.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
unless
whether
if
that
where
So that
In order that
hw` bv
wKb&
hw`
hv
‡hLv‡b
hv‡Z
D‡Ï‡k¨
(a) ------there is life, there is hope. ((hZ¶Y k¦vm ZZ¶Y Avku|)
(b) ------ you try, you will not succeed. (hw` Zzwg †Póv bv Ki Zvn‡j Zzwg mdj n‡e bv|)
(c)He ate so much rice -------- he grew sick. (GZ fvZ †Lj †h †m Amy¯’ n‡q coj|)
(d)He studied attentively ------ he could pass.(‡m g‡bv‡hvM mnKv‡i c‡owQj hv‡Z †m cvk Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
(e)He works hard ----- he can prosper in life.(‡m K‡Vvi cwikªg K‡iQ hv‡Z †m DbœwZ jvf Ki‡Z cv‡i|)







38.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
When
Before
Though
That
As soon as
hLb
c~‡e©
hw`I
hv
‡hBgvÎ
(a) ------ the crops very ready. Mr. Ant stored them in his granary.
 (hLb km¨ cÖ¯‘Z nj wg wccov Zv km¨vMv‡i msi¶b K‡iwQj|)
(b)The eggplants were so beautiful -------- they drew the attention of all.
 (†e¸b MvQ¸‡jv GZB my›`i wQj †h Zv mevi g‡bv‡hvM AvKl©Y K‡iwQj|)
(c) ------ Bahadur opened his mouth, he could not speak.
 (hw`I evnv`yi gyL Lyjj wKšÍ K_v ej‡Z cvij bv|)
(d) ------ Anwar met the guests, he felt embarrassed.
 (Av‡bvqvi AwZw_‡`i mv‡_  mv¶vrKv‡i j¾v Abyfe Kij|)
(e)Mrs. Murshed had delivered a speech ---------- the lunch was served.
 (ga¨vý †fv‡Ri Lvevi cwi‡ekb Kivi c~‡e© wg‡mm gyi‡k` GKwU msw¶ß e³…Zv w`‡qwQ‡jb|)
39.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
As well as
After
Lest
Since
When
If
While
Ges
c‡i
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
‡h‡nZz
hLb
hw`
hLb
(a)Many years have passed ----- I met you.(†Zvgvi mv‡_ mv¶vr nIqvi ci A‡bK eQi AwZµg n‡q‡Q|)
(b)He ran fast --------- he should miss the train. (‡m †UªbwU nviv‡bvi f‡q †m `ª“Z †`Šovuj|)
(c)The patient died -------- the doctor had come. (Wv³vi Avmvi ci †ivMx gviv †Mj|)
(d)She ------ her friend has come. (†m Ges Zvi eÜziv evwo G‡m‡Q|)
(e)Rajon fell asleep --------- he was reading. (ivRb Nywg‡q coj hLb †m co‡ZwQj|)
40.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
That
Since
lest
Until
If
hv
‡h‡nZz
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
hw` bv
hw`
(a) --------- you leave the car unlocked, the thief will steal it.
(hw` Zzwg MvwowU Zvjve× bv Ki,†PviwU MvwowU Pzwi Ki‡e|)
(b)The boy does not go to bed -- he learns his lesson. (evjKwU Zvi cov bv wkLv ch©šÍ Nygv‡Z hvq bv|)
(c)The sun light cannot enter --------- the forest is very deep.
(eb Mfxi nIqvi Kvi‡Y m~h©v‡jvK cÖ‡ek Ki‡Z cvi‡Q bv|)
(d)The thief ran away --------- he should be caught.(aiv covi f‡q †PviwU cvwj‡q †Mj|)
(e)Vegetables are so useful ------- they help us keep fit.
(kvKmewR GZB DcKvix †h Zv Avgv‡`i‡K my¯’ ivL‡Z mvnvh¨ K‡i|)
41.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Unless
since
That
Lest
But also
hw` bv
‡h‡nZz
hv
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
Av‡ivI
(a)Mr. Ant needs not only to buy daily necessaries -------- to pay for his children school fees. (wg wccov †KejgvÎ ˆ`bw›`b cÖ‡qvRbxq wRwbmcÎ µq Ki‡Z nq bv eis ev”Pv‡`i ¯‹y‡ji wdm I w`‡Z nq|)
(b)The man took an umbrella with him -------- it might rain.
 (e„wó nevi f‡q †jvKwU Zvi mv‡_ QvZv wb‡q †Mj|)
(c)You will fail ill ------- you take care of your health.
     (hw` Zzwg †Zvgvi ¯^v‡¯’¨i hZœ bv bvI,Zzwg Amy¯’ n‡q co‡e|)
(d)The students began to sweat a lot -------- they work hard.
      (K‡Vvi cwikª‡gi Kvi‡Y QvÎQvÎxiv Nvg‡Z ïi“ Kij|)
(e)The land of our school is so fertile -------- we can make a garden.
 (Avgv‡`i ¯‹z‡ji Rwg GZB De©i †h Bnv‡Z Avgiv GKwU evMvb Ki‡Z cvwi|)

42.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
When
Lest
If
Whether
After
That
hLb
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
hw`
wK bv
c‡i
†h
(a)I am sure ----- he said so. (Avwg wbwðZ †h †m GUv e‡jwQj|)
(b)I am in confusion ------ he will pass or not. (Avwg wØavwš^Z †h †m cvm Ki‡e wK bv|)
(c)You will not pass ------ you read. (Zzwg hw` bv co Zvn‡j cix¶vq cvm Ki‡e bv|)
(d)He walked slowly -------- he should fall down. (‡m c‡o hvIqvi f‡q †m ax‡i nvUuj|)
(e)Hardly had I reached the station -------- the train left.
 (Avwg †÷k‡b †cŠQv‡Z bv ‡cŠwQ‡Z †UªbwU †ókb Z¨vM Kij|)
43.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Until
Since
Lest
But
as if
Unless
Or
hZ¶Y ch©šÍ bv
‡_‡K
cv‡Q fq nq Ggb KvR
wKšÍ
Giƒc
hw` bv
A_ev
(a)It is long time ------- we last saw him. (GwU `xN© mgq †h Avwg †Zvgv‡K †kl †`‡LwQjvg|)
(b) ------- you work hard you will fail. (hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki Zvn‡j e¨_© n‡e|)
(c)Walk fast ----- you should miss the class. (K¬vmwU bv nviv‡Z PvB‡j `ª“Z nvUu|)
(d)He behaves ------- he knew everything. (†m Giƒc e¨envi K‡i †hb †m me wKQy Rv‡b|)
(e)Wait ------ I come back. (A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b bv Avwg wd‡i Avwm|)
44.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Until
As if
Because
After
That
as
But
hZ¶Y ch©šÍ bv
Giƒc
KviY
c‡i
hv
‡h‡nZz
wKš‘
(a)He ran fast ----- he missed the train. (†m `ª“Z †`Šwo‡qwQj wKšÍ †UªbwU nvivj|)
(b)She fled ------ she was afraid. (†m cvwj‡q wM‡qwQj KviY †m fxZ wQj|)
(c)Wait here ----- I return.  (A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b ch©šÍ Avwg bv wd‡i Avwm|)
(d)He talks ----- he were mad. (†m Giƒc K_v e‡j †h †m cvMj|)
(e)I am sure ------ he said so. (Avwg wbwðZ †h †m GK_v e‡jwQj|)
45.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Because
And
Whatever
So that
As well as
How
Where
KviY
Ges
hvB‡nvK
hv‡Z
Ges
‡hfv‡e
‡hLv‡b
(a)I cannot allow you here, ---- you may be.
   (Avwg †Zvgv‡K AybgwZ w`‡Z cvwi bv Zzwg †hI nI|)
(b)Be just ------ fear not. (b¨vqcivqb nI Ges fq †c‡qv bv|)
(c) ----- there is life, there is hope. (hZ¶b k¦vm ZZ¶Y Avku|)
(d)Some people live on ------ they may eat. (wKQy †jvK †e‡Pu _v‡K hv‡Z Zviv †L‡Z cv‡i|)
(e)He ---- his friends has come. (‡m Ges Zvi eÜziv G‡m‡Q|)
46.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Until
After
Since
Or
When
before
Nor
hZ¶Y ch©šÍ bv
c‡i
‡_‡K
A_ev
hLb
c~‡e©
bZzev
(a)Many years have passed ------ his father died. (A‡bK eQi AwZµvšÍ nj †h Zvi evev gviv wM‡q‡Q|)
(b)The doctor come ------- the patient had died. (Wv³vi Avmvi ci †ivMx gviv †Mj|)
(c)Wait here ------ I return. (A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶Y ch©šÍ Avwg bv wdwi|)
(d)Scarcely had the Head teacher entered into the classroom ------ all the students stood up. (cÖavb wk¶K K¬v‡m cÖ‡ek Ki‡Z bv Ki‡ZB QvÎiv D‡V `vovuj|)
(e)Either solve the problem attentively -------- give it up.
        (nq mgm¨vwU g‡bv‡hvM mnKv‡i mgvavb Ki bZzev †Q‡o †`I|)


47.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Unless
Although
After
If
Lest
Since
Than
hw` bv
hw`I
c‡i
hw`
cv‡Q fq nq Ggb KvR
‡_‡K
‡P‡q
(a)You have done more ------ I expected. (Zzwg Avgvi cÖZ¨vkvi †P‡qI †ewk K‡i‡Q|)
(b)He will not prosper ------- he works hard.
   (hw` †m K‡Vvi cwikªg bv K‡i Zvn‡j †m DbœwZ Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(c)He finished first ------ he began late.
    (hw`I †m ïi“ K‡i‡Q mevi †k‡l Z_vwc †m †kl K‡i‡Q mevi Av‡M|)
(d)He shall not start our journey ----- it rains.(hw` e„wó nq Zvn‡j Avgiv Avgv‡`i hvÎv ïi“ Ki‡ev bv|)
(e)I arrived home -------- he had left. (†m P‡j hvevi ci Avwg evwo †cŠ‡QwQjvg|)
48.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Unless
As if
Until
But
As
And
hw` bv
Giƒc
hZ¶b ch©šÍ bv
wKš‘
†hfv‡e
Ges
(a)Wait ------- I come back. (A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b ch©šÍ bv Avwg wd‡i Avwm|)
(b)He acted ------ I told him. (†m Awfbq Kij †hfv‡e Avwg Zv‡K e‡jwQjvg|)
(c)You will not prosper ------ you work hard.
 (hw` Zzwg K‡Vvi cwikªg bv Ki  Zvn‡j DbœwZ jvf Ki‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
(d)He talks ------ he were mad. (†m Giƒc K_v e‡jwQj †hb †m cvMj|)
(e)He tried hard -------- did not succeed. (†m K‡Vvi †Póv K‡iwQj wKšÍ mdj nj bv|)
49.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
Although
While
Lest
That
If
When
Unless
hw`I
hLb
wKQy n‡e f‡qi Avkv•Lv
hv
hw`
hLb
hw` bv
(a) ------ you helped me, I would be grateful to you.
(hw` Zzwg Avgv‡K mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z Zvn‡j Avwg †Zvgvi cÖwZ K…ZÁ nZvg|)
(b)She held my hand -------- should fall. (c‡o hvIqvi f‡q †m Avgvi nvZ Zz‡j aij|)
(c) -------- you practice everyday, you are likely to forget all soon.  
(hw` Zzwg cÖwZw`b Abykxjb bv Ki,Zzwg kªxNªB mewKQy fy‡j hvIqvi m¤¢ebv Av‡Q|)
(d) ------- I was sleeping the phone rang. (hLb Avwg Nygvw”Qjvg ZLb †dvbwU †e‡R DVj|)
(e)I am sure ------ he said so. (Avwg wbwðZ †h †m GUv e‡jwQj|)
50.Fill in each gap with suitable Conjunction from the box:
And
Whether
While
So that
As well as
When
or
Ges
wKbv
hLb
hv‡Z/D‡Ï‡k¨
Ges
hLb
A_ev
(a)Make hay -------- the sun shines. (‡Svc ey‡S †Kvc gvi|)
(b)He ------- his friends has come to me. (†m Ges Zvi eÜziv Avgv‡K †`L‡Z G‡m‡Q|)
(c)Be sincere ----- you will repent. (AvšÍwiK nI bZzev AbyZß n‡Z n‡e|)
(d)I am in confusion ------- he will pass the exam.(Avwg wØavwš^Z †m cix¶vq cvm Ki‡e wKbv|)
(e)He studied attentively ---- he could pass. (†m g‡bv‡hv‡Mi mnKv‡i coj hv‡Z †m cvm Ki‡Z cv‡i|)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...