Thursday, June 7, 2012

Passage Narration for SSC Examination-2013


Rules on Passage Narration

Rule-1: Reported speech-
এর মধ্যে কোনো ব্যক্তি বা প্রাণীর নাম ধরে ডাকার ব্যবহার থাকলে তা reporting verb-এর সঙ্গে সংযুক্ত হবে। যেমন:
He said, ‘Suma, do not quarrel.’
Answer: He forbade Suma to quarrel.
They said, ‘Rafiq, you will attend the meeting.’
Answer: They said to Rafiq that he would attend the meeting.
Kamal said, ‘Rana, do you know me?’
Answer: Kamal asked Rana if he knew him.
Try yourself: 1. I said, ‘Riku, you will come to Dhaka tomorrow with your friend.’
2. Sumon said, ‘You did not do well in the examination, Razib.’
3. The teacher said, ‘Hasan, you must buy new English book as early as possible.’
4. The mistress of the house said, ‘You need not come here tomorrow, Shuvo.’
5. She said, ‘Nipa, you are a very good, sincere and hardworking girl.’
Rule-2: Reporting verb-টি মাঝে বা শেষে থাকলেও indirect করার সময় তাকে sentence-এর শুরুতে নিয়ে আসতে হবে। যেমন:
‘You look a little bit like my mother,’ Jerry said to the authoress, ‘Especially in the dark by the fire.’
Answer: Jerry said to the authoress that she looked a little bit like his mother especially in the dark by the fire.

‘Follow my example,’ she said to me, ‘and never eat more than one thing for luncheon.’
Answer: She advised me to follow her example and never to eat more than one thing for luncheon.
‘I have made a terrible mistake,’ said the man, ‘I have forgotten to pay my exam fee.’
Answer: The man said that he had made a terrible mistake and added that he had forgotten to pay his exam fee.

Try yourself: 1. ‘You have to read English more and more,’ the teacher said to the students, ‘Otherwise, you will not cut a good figure in English.’
2. ‘Nazrul is not only the national poet of Bangladesh,’ father said to his son, ‘But also a rebel poet.’
3. ‘Most of the students of our college are weak in English,’ she said, ‘they are not sincere enough in English.’

Rule-3: পর পর দুটি উক্তি থাকলে also said/and added/also asked হয়। কিন্তু তিনটি উক্তি থাকলে also added /further added/again said ইত্যাদি ব্যবহার করতে হয়। যেমন:
a) Jerry said, ‘I can chop some wood today. I shall come again tomorrow.’
Answer: Jerry said that he could chop some wood that day and added that he would go again the next day.
b) She said to me, ‘What is your name. Where do you live?’
Answer: She asked me what my name was and also asked where I lived.
c) He said to us, ‘I came here yesterday. I will go to Sirajgonj tomorrow.’
Answer: He said to us that he had gone there the previous day and added that he would go to Sirajgonj the next day.
Try yourself: a) The man said to me, ‘Please, lend me some money. I shall return it to you tomorrow.’
b) I said to the little girl, ‘What is your name? What class do you read in?’
c) She said to me, ‘I sent the parcel to my mother yesterday. She will get it most probably tomorrow.’
Rule-4: Yes/no থাকলে যথাক্রমে replied in the affirmative that এবং replied in the negative that ব্যবহার করতে হয়। যেমন:
a) ‘Yes, I have finished reading the book,’ I replied.
Answer: I replied in the affirmative that I had finished reading the book.
b) Jhumu said to Mitu, ‘Are you going to Pabna tomorrow?’ ‘No, I have changed my decision,’ said Mitu.
Answer: Jhumu asked Mitu if she was going to Pabna the next day. Mitu replied in the negative that she had changed her decision.
Try yourself: a) Rahim said to me, ‘yes, I shall go to your house tomorrow. Then I shall go my teacher’s house.’
b) ‘Yes, we will learn our lessons tomorrow,’ the students said to the teacher.
c) The rich man said to the villagers, ‘Yes, I shall establish a college in this village next year.’
Rules on passage narration
Rule-5: Sir/Madam-থাকলে respectfully ব্যবহার করতে হয়। যেমন:
1. ‘Yes, sir,’ she replied, ‘I have done my duty.’
Answer: She respectfully replied in the affirmative that she had done her duty.
2. Looking at my hands the beggar said, ‘Madam, please give me your cardigan.’
Answer: Looking at my hands the beggar respectfully requested me to give him my cardigan.
3. The student replied, ‘No, I have not learnt my lessons today, Sir.’
Answer: The student respectfully replied in the negative that he had not learnt his lessons that day.
4. The man said, ‘Yes, Madam, I have completed the work.’
Answer: The man respectfully replied in the affirmative that he had completed the work.
Try yourself:
1. ‘Yes, Sir, I came here yesterday,’ the labour said to his master, ‘I will go there again tomorrow.’
2. ‘No, Sir, I have not learnt my lessons today,’ the student said to the teacher, ‘I was ill yesterday and that is why I could not prepare my lessons.’
3. ‘Yes, madam, I will go to market tomorrow,’ the maid said to the mistress of the house, ‘Then I will inform you in detail about this matter.’
Rule-6: যদি কাউকে address করা হয়, তবে addressing as brother/sister/friend দিয়ে শুরু করতে হয়।
1. ‘Are you hungry, brothers?’ said the wise king.
Answer: Addressing as brother the wise king asked if they were hungry.
2. The captain said, ‘My friends, be always ready to face our enemy.’
Answer: Addressing as friend the captain ordered them to be always ready to face their enemy.
3. ‘Dear friends,’ the patriot said, ‘Listen to me.’
Answer: Addressing as dear friend the patriot advised to listen to him.
Try yourself:
1. The teacher said, ‘Dear students, you should be attentive in the class, otherwise, you will not be able to cut a good figure in the final examination.’
2. The man said to me, ‘Brother, will you help me to perform the work tomorrow?’
Rules on passage narration
Rule-7: By Allah/By God ইত্যাদি থাকলে Swearing by Allah/Swearing by God ইত্যাদি ব্যবহার করতে হয়।
1. ‘By Allah,’ he replied, ‘I will not leave this house.’
Answer: Swearing by Allah he replied that he would not leave that house.
2. ‘By God,’ she replied, ‘I will not go to London.’
Answer: Swearing by God she replied that she would not go to London.
3. ‘By Allah, we will play in this field,’ the boys said.
Answer: Swearing by Allah the boys said that they would play in that field.
4. She said, ‘By Jove, I will come here tomorrow.’
Answer: Swearing by Jove she said that she would go there the next day.
Rule-8: Present participle অপরিবর্তিত অবস্থায় শুরুতে বসে। যেমন:
1. ‘Are you brothers?’ asked the mistress of the house, turning to the dervishes.
Answer: Turning to the dervishes the mistress of the house asked if they were brothers.
2. ‘Why have you come here?’ said Mr. Kamal turning to the stranger.
Answer: Turning to the stranger Mr. Kamal asked why he had gone there.
3. ‘Why have you not learnt your lessons?’ the teacher asked the students coming to the class.
Answer: Coming to the class the teacher asked the students why they have not learnt their lessons.
Passage Narration for SSC Examination:
“Have you ever been to Cox’s Bazar?” asked Hasan “No, I have never gone there, replied Kamal. “But I long for visiting the place” “I had an opportunity to visit the sea beach last year “said Hasan” how charming the scenery is!”(ÒZzwg wK KLbI KKvªevRvi wM‡qQ?Ónvmvb wR‡Ám Kij|Òbv,Avwg KLbI hvB wb,Óknx`DIi w`j|ÒwKš‘ Avwg RvqMvwU ågY Kivi Avkv  †cvlY Kwi|ÓÒMZ eQi Avwg eQi Avgvi  GK my‡hvM N‡UwQj  mgy`ªª‰mKZ  ågYKivi,Ónvmvb ejj|Ò`„k¨wU KZ my›`i!Ó) 
Answer: Hasan asked Kamal if he ever been to Cox’s Bazer. Kamal replied in the negative that he(K) had never gone there. But he added that he longed for visiting the place. Hasan said that he had an opportunity to visit sea beach the previous day. He exclaimed with joy that the scenery was very charming.

“I came to Bogra this afternoon. I sent you a massage before starting from home” Roka said” Did you receive it in time? she asked  “No, I did not receive” I replied.  (ÒAvwg AvR we‡K‡j e¸ov G‡mwQ |evwo †_‡K iIqvbv †`Iqvi c~‡e© Avwg msev` cvwV‡qwQjvg , ÕÕ †ivKv ejj |Òmgq g‡Zv Zv Avcwb †c‡q‡Qb wK?ÕÕ †m wR‡Ámv Kij  |Òbv Avwg Zv cvBbv,ÒAvwg DIi w`jvg |)
Answer: Roka told me that she had gone to Bogra that afternoon. She added that she had sent me a message before starting from home. She asked me if I  had  received it in time. I replied in the negative that I had not received it.

The man said to the manager “May I come in Sir ?” “ Yes,” come in . “What do you want ?”said the manager “I want to open a bank  account in your bank ,”said the man .”Can you tell me the process of opening a savings account ?”(‡jvKwU g¨v‡bRvi‡K ejj,ÒAvwg wK wfZ‡i Avm‡Z cvwi,m¨vi ?ÓÒn¨v,wfZ‡i Avmyb| Avcwb Kx Pvb?Óg¨v‡bRvi wR‡Ám Ki‡jb|ÒAvwg Avcbvi e¨vs‡K GKwU e¨vsK wnmve Lyj‡Z PvB|Ó†jvKwU ejj|ÒAvcwb wK ej‡Z cv‡ib Kxfv‡e Avwg GKwU mÂqx wnmve Lyj‡Z cvwi?Ó)
Answer: The man respectfully the manager if he might go in. The manager replied in the affirmative and told him to go in. He also asked him what he wanted. The man replied him (MR) that he wanted to open a bank account. At last he asked him (MR) if he could tell him the process of opening a saving account.

The traveller said, “Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?”Yes “said the peasant.”Do you want one in which you can spend the night?”No,”replaid the traveller.” I only want a meal.”(ågbKvix ej‡jb,ÒAvcwb wK  wbKU¯’ mivBLvbvi c_wU Avgv‡K e‡j w`‡Z cv‡ib?ÓÒn¨uv,Ó K…lK ejj|ÒAvcwb wK ivZwU KvUv‡bvi Rb¨ †mwU Pv‡”Qb?ÓÒbvÓågYKvix Reve w`‡jb|ÒAvwg ïay Lvevi †L‡Z PvB|Ó)
Answer:The traveller asked the peasant if he(P) could tell him(T) the way to the nearest inn. The peasant replied in the affirmative and asked him if he (T) wanted one in which he (T) could spend the night. The traveller replied in the negative that he only wanted a meal.


I said the passer- by, “What are you seeing now?” “I am seeing the people running here and  there” he said. “How happy they are! May God help them.Let me enjoy this.”I said.(Avwg cw_K‡K ejjvg ,ÒAvcwb GLb Kx †`L‡Qb?ÓÒ‡jv‡KRb †h GLv‡b-‡mLv‡b  †`Šov‡”Q Avwg Zv †`LwQ|Ó‡m ejj|ÒZviv KZ myLx!Avj­vn Zv‡`i mnvq †nvb|Avgv‡K Zv Dc‡fvM Ki‡Z w`b|ÓAvwg ejjvg |)
Answer: I asked the passer-by what he was seeing then. He said that he was seeing the people running here and there. I exclaimed with joy that they were very  happy. Further I wished that God might help them. Then I told that I might be allowed to enjoy that.


The teacher said to the Student, “Have you prepared your lesson today?’’“No, sir ,’’replied the student. The teacher said, “Why?’’ “I was suffering from headache .I shall do my work tomorrow,’’ replid the Student .”(wk¶K Qv·K ej‡jb,ÔÔZzwg wK AvR †Zvgvi cvV ˆZwi Ki‡Q?Òbv m¨vi ÕÕQvÎwU Reve w`j |ÒAvR Zzwg †Kgb AvQ?ÕÕ Avwg MZKvj gv_v e¨_vq fyMwQjvg |Avwg AvMxgKvj Avgvi KvR Kie |ÕÕQvÎwU Reve w`j |)
Answer: The teacher asked the student if he had prepared his lesson that day. He (S) respectfully replied that he had not. The teacher again asked why he had not prepared his lesson. The student replied that he had been suffering from headache the previous day. He (S) added that he would do his work the next day.

I said to old man, “What are you doing?” “I am watching the boys swimming in the pond,” he said. “How happy they are! May Allah bless them.” “Let me sit by you and enjoy the scene.” I said. (Avwg e„ׇjvKwU‡K ejjvg, ÒZzwg wK Ki‡Qv?Ó ÒAvwg evjK‡`i b`x‡Z mvZvi KvUv†`LwQ|Ó‡m ejj| ÒZviv wK myLx!ÓAvj­vn Zv‡`i g½j Ki“Y|Avgv‡K †Zvgvi cv‡k¦© em‡Z `vI Ges `„k¨wU Dc‡fvM Ki‡Z `vI|Ó Avwg ejjvg|)
Answer: I asked the old man what he was doing. He replied that he was watching the boys swimming in the pond. He also exclaimed that they were very happy. He again prayed that Allah might bless them. I requested the old man to let me sit by him and enjoy the scene.

“My sons listen to me. A great treasure lies hidden in the land. I am going to leave it to you.” “How’ll we find it?” said the sons. “You must dig the land for it” said the old man. (ÒAvgvi cyÎiv Avgvi K_v †kvb | GKwU wekvj iZœ fvÛvi gvwUi bx‡P jyKvwqZ Av‡Q | Avwg GUv †Zvgv‡`i Rb¨ †i‡L hvw”Q|Ó ÒGUv Avgiv wKfv‡e Ly‡Ru cve?Ó cyÎiv ejj| ÒGUvi Rb¨ †Zvgv‡`i‡K Aek¨B gvwU Lbb Ki‡Z n‡e|Ó e„Ø ‡jvKwU ej‡jb|)
Answer: The old man told his sons to listen to him and added that a great treasure lay hidden in the land. He further added that he was going to leave it to them. The sons asked him how they would find it. The old man replied that they had to dig the land for it.

Have you completed your assignment?” said Rumana. “No, I haven’t completed yet, “replied Farah. “But you must submit it timely,” said Rumana. “I worked on it for several hours yesterday,” replied Farah. (i“gvbv dvivn‡K ejj, Ò Zzwg wK †Zvgvi Awc©Z KvR K‡i‡Qv?Ó Òbv, Avwg GLbI m¤úbœ Ki‡Z cvwi bvB|,Ó dvivn DËi w`j| ÒwKšÍ †Zvgv‡K mgqgZ Rgv w`‡Z n‡e|Ó i“gvbv ejj| ÒMZKvj Avwg A‡bK mgq a‡i KvRwU K‡iwQjvg|Ó dvivn DËi w`j|)
Answer: Rumana asked Farah if she (F) had completed her (F) assignment.Farah replied in the negative and said that she had not completed yet. Being dissatisfaction,Rumana told her (F) that she (F) must submit it timely. Farah replied that  she had worked on it several hours the previous day.

“Ratan, have you done your English lesson today?” asked the teacher. “Yes, Sir, I did it. But I haven’t understood some grammatical points.” replied Ratan. “Where is the problem?” said the teacher. “Let us try again.”(ÒiZb, Zzwg wK †Zvgvi Bs‡iwR cvV K‡i‡Qv ?Ó wk¶K wRÁvmv Kij | Òn¨v, m¨vi, Avwg Bnv K‡iwQjvg| wKš‘ MÖvgv‡ii wKQy welq eyS‡Z cvwiwb|Ó, iZb DËi w`j|Òmgm¨v †Kv_vq?Ó wk¶K ejj,ÒPj Avgiv Avevi †Póv Kwi|Ó)
Answer: The teacher asked Ratan if he had done his English lesson that day. Ratan replied respectfully in the affirmative and said that he had done it but he had not understood some grammatical points. The teacher again asked him where the problem was. He suggested that they should try again.


My sister said to me, “Why are you reading this hour? Don’t you think that it is a time of prayer? Let us go out for a walk after saying prayer.” “Yes, I agree with you,” said I.(Avgvi †evb Avgv‡K ejj, ÒGB mg‡q Zzwg †Kb co‡Qv?Ó Zzwg wK Rvb bv †h GLb cÖv_©bvi mgq ? Pj cÖv_©bv †k‡l evB‡i nvUu‡Z hvB|Ó Òn¨vu, Avwg †Zvgvi mv‡_ GKgZ|Ó Avwg ejjvg|
Answer: My sister asked me why I was reading that hour. She again asked if I did not think that it was time of prayer. She proposed to me that we should go out for a walk after saying prayer. I replied in the affirmative and said that I agreed with her.

The teacher said to the boy, “Do you think that honesty is the best policy?” “Yes Sir. I think so.” Then learn to be honest from your boyhood.” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir.” said the boy. “May Allah grant you a long life. “said the teacher to the boy. (wk¶K †Q‡jwU‡K ej‡jb, Ó Zzwg wK g‡b Ki †h mZZvB m‡evrK…ó cš’v ?Ó†Q‡jwU ejj, n¨uv m¨vi, Avwg ZvB g‡b KwiÓ| Ò AZGe †Zvgvi evj¨Kvj †_‡K mr n‡Z †kL |Ó wk¶K ej‡jb | ÒAvcbv‡K ab¨ev`,m¨vi Ó †Q‡jwU ejj| ÒAvj­vn †Zvgvi `xN©Rxwe Kiyb,Ó wk¶K ej‡jb |)
Answer: The teacher asked the boy if he thought that honesty is the best policy. The boy replied respectfully in the affirmative and said that he thought so. Then the teacher advised him to learn to be honest from his boyhood. The boy thanked his teacher politely. The teacher wished that Allah might grant him a long life.

“May I come in, Sir,” “Yes, come in.What do you want?” “How can I help you?” said the Manager. “I want to open a bank account in your bank.”  said the man. “Can you tell me the process of opening a saving account?” (‡jvKwU e¨eˉ&&nvcK‡K ejj, ÓAvwg wK wfZ‡i Avm‡Z cvwi,m¨vi ?Ó n¨vu, wfZ‡i Avmyb | Avcwb wK Pvb?Ó e¨eˉ&&nvcK ej‡jb | Ò Avwg Avcbvi e¨vs‡K GKwU e¨vsK wnmve Lyj‡Z PvB |, ‡jvKwU ejj | Ò Avcwb wK Avgv‡K ej‡Z cv‡ib Avwg wKfv‡e GKwU mÂqx wnmve Lyj‡Z cvwi ?Ó )
Answer: The man respectfully asked the manager if he (man) might go in. He (manager) replied in the affirmative and told him (Man) to come in. He also aked him what he (man) wanted. The manager asked him how he could help him.The man replied that he wanted to open a bank account in his (manager) bank. He also asked him (manager) if he could tell him (man) the process of opening a savings account.

“What are you doing now, Jack?” I said. “I am watching an interesting programme on television.” “Aren’t you wasting your time?” I said. “No, I don’t think so,” he said.( Zzwg GLb wK Ki‡Qv, R¨vK?Ó Avwg ejjvg| Ò Avwg †Uwjwfk‡b AvK©lYxq GKwU Abyôvb †`LwQ|Ó Zzwg wK †Zvgvi mgq bó Ki‡Qv bv?Ó Avwg ejjvg| Òbv, Avwg †Zgb g‡b Kwi bv,Ó †m ejj|
Answer: I asked Jack what he was doing then. Jack replied that he was watching an interesting programme on television. I again asked him (J) if he was not wasting his (J) time. He again replied in the negative that he did not think so.

“Zaman said to me, “Have you finished reading the book I gave you yesterday?”  “Yes, I have finished reading the book,’ I replied. “What an interesting book it is! I wish I would borrow the book earlier.’ I said. “Will you return the book to me today? he said. (Rvgvb Avgv‡K ejj, ÒZzwg wK eBwU cov †kl K‡i‡Qv †hwU Avwg MZKvj †Zvgv‡K w`‡qwQjvg ?Ó n¨vu, Avwg eBwU cov †kl K‡iwQ,Ó Avwg DËi w`jvg| ÒwK GK gRvi eB GwU ! Avgvi B”Qv nq Avwg hw` eBwU Av‡iv Av‡M avi wbZvg!Ó Avwg ejjvg | Ò Zzwg wK eBwU Avgv‡K AvR †diZ w`‡e Ó? †m wRÁvmv Kij | )
Answer: Zaman asked me if I had finished reading the book he had given me the previous day. I replied in the affirmative and added that I had finished reading the book. I exclaimed with delight that it was a very interesting book. Further I wished that I might borrow the book earlier. He asked me if I would return the book to him that day.
The fruit seller said, “Which fruits do you want to buy? I have apples from Australia, oranges from Darjeeling, grapes from Kashmir.” The customer said, “What fruits of our country do you have?” The seller said, “I have coconut, guava, and Jackfruit.” The customer said, “Give one kg of Guava as it will be substitute of Australian Apples. (GK dj we‡µZv ejj, †Kvb ‡Kvb dj Avcwb wKb‡Z Pvb ?Ó  Avgvi Kv‡Q A‡÷wjqvi Av‡cj,`vwR©wjs Gi Kgjv,Kvk¥x‡ii Av½yi Av‡Q | ‡µZv ej‡jb  “†Zvgvi Kv‡Q Avgv‡`i †`‡ki wK dj Av‡Q ? we‡µZv ejj, Ò  Avgvi Kv‡Q bvwi‡Kj,†cqviv I KvuVvj Av‡Q|Ó †µZv ejj,  ÒAvgvi GK †KwR †cqviv `vI †h‡nZz GUv n‡e A‡÷wjqvi Av‡c‡ji weKí |Ó)
Answer: The fruit seller asked the customer which fruit he (c) wanted to buy. He added that he (s) had the apples from Australia, oranges from Darjeeling, grapes from Kashmir. The customer asked him what fruits of their country he had. The fruit seller replied that he had coconut, guava and jackfruit. Then the customer told him (s) to give one kg of guava as it would be the substitute of Australian apples.

The old man said, “Can you give me some food? I have been starving for three days.” The maid said, “Why do you beg? Can’t you work?” “No, I’m unable to work.” The old man replied. (e„Ø ‡jvKwU ejj, Ò Zzwg wK Avgv‡K wKQy Lvevi w`‡Z cvi‡e ? Avwg `yÕw`b hveZ Abvnv‡i AvwQÓ| PvKivbxwU ejj ÓZzwg wf¶v Ki †Kb? Zzwg KvR Ki‡Z cvi bv|? Ó bv , Avwg KvR Ki‡Z A¶g Ó e„Ø ‡jvKwU ejj|)
Answer: The old man asked the maid if she could give him some food. He added that he had been starving for three days. The maid asked him why he begged. She further asked him if he couldn’t work. The old man replied in the negative that he was unable to work.

 “Where do you like to go, Sir? said the ticket officer to the passenger. “I want to go to Chittagong,” said the passenger. “How many tickets do you need?” “I need five tickets.” “Here are the tickets. They will cost one thousand taka,” said the ticket officer. (wU‡KU Kg©KZ©v hvÎx‡K ejj, Òm¨vi,Avcwb †Kv_vq †h‡Z Pvb?ÓÒ Avcbvi KZwU wU‡KU `iKvi?Ó ÒAvgvi cvPuwU wU‡KU `iKvi|Ó ÒGB wbb wU‡KU¸wj|‡m¸‡jv‡Z me©‡gvU GKnvRvi UvKv jvM‡e|ÓwU‡KU Kg©KZ©v ejj|)
Answer: The passenger respectfully asked the ticket officer where he (P) liked to go. The passenger replied that he (P) wanted to go to Chittagong.The ticket officer further asked the passenger how many tickets he (P) needed. He then replied that he (p) needed five tickets. Finally the ticket officer said that there were the tickets and they would cost one thousand taka. 

The class teacher of class X said to the students, “Do you like to go for study tour?” “Yes’ said all the students. Then he said, “Take permission of your parents.” One of the students said, “Let us go to Cox’s Bazer.” The most experienced age-old teacher said, “May your journey be safe and sound.”(10g †kªYxi †kªYx wk¶K QvÎ-QvÎx‡`i‡K ejj, Ò‡Zvgiv wK wk¶v md‡i †h‡Z PvI?Ó Òn¨vuÓ me QvÎ-QvÎx ejj|Zvici †m ejj, Ò †Zvgvi evev gv‡qi KvQ †_‡K AbygwZ wb‡e|Ó ÒZv‡`i g‡a¨ GKRb wk¶v_x© ejj, ÒPj Avgiv K·evRvi hvB|Óme‡P‡q eq¯‹ AwfÁ wk¶K ejj, Ò‡Zvgv‡`i ågb my›`i I wbivc` †nvK|Ó
Answer: The class teacher of class X asked the students if they liked to go for study tour. All the students replied in the affirmative. Then he (T) advised to take permission of their parents. One of the students proposed that they should go to Cox’s Bazer. The most experienced age-old teacher wished that their  journey might  be safe and sound.






 “What is the time by your watch?” he said. “It is half past nine,” I said. He said, “I want to go to the college. Would you accompany me, please?” “No, I am sorry,” replied I .(Ò†Zvgvi Nwo‡Z mgq KZ?Ó †m ejj|Òmv‡o bqUv Ó,†m ejj,ÒAvwg K‡j‡R †h‡Z PvB| `qv K‡i ,Zzwg Kx Avgvi m‡½ hv‡e ?Ó Óbv,Avwg `ytwLZ,Ó Avwg DËi w`jvg|)
Answer: Answer: He asked me what the time was by my watch. I replied that it was half past nine. Then he added that he wanted to go to the college. He also asked me if I would accompany him kindly. I replied in the negative and said that I was sorry.


The passer-by stopped me and said, “Sir, can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?” “Yes, I can,” I said. “Go straight about 100 yards and then turn left. You will find it.” “Thank you Sir,” He said. (cw_K Avgv‡K _vgvj Ges wRÁvmv Kij, Ò m¨vi Avgv‡K wbKUZg mivB Lvbvi c_wU ej‡Z cv‡ib ?Ó n¨vu Avwg ej‡Z cvwi,Ó Avwg  ejjvg | ‡mvRv cÖvq 100 MR hvb Ges ev‡g Nyi‡eb | Avcwb GwU cv‡eb |Ó Ò Avcbv‡K ab¨ev` m¨vi,Ó †m ejj|)
Answer: The passer by stopped me and asked respectfully if I could tell him the way to the nearest inn. I replied in the affirmative and said that I could. I instructed/told him to go straight about 100 yards and turn left. I also told him that then he would find it. The man then thanked me respectfully.

 “We would like to go an excursion. Can we have your permission? Sir?” said the students. “Yes, you can arrange it after the examination is over. And you should choose a historical place for that” replied the Headmaster. “Thank you, Sir.”(Ò Avgiv GKwU cÖ‡gv` åg‡b †h‡Z PvB|  m¨vi ,Avgiv wK Avcbvi AbygwZ †c‡Z cvwi ?,  QvÎ-QvÎxiv ejj | n¨uv, cix¶v †kl nIqvi ci †Zvgiv Gi Av‡qvRb Ki‡Z cvi| Ges GRb¨ †Zvgv‡`i GKwU HwZnvwmK ¯_vb cQ›` Kiv DwPZ|Ó  cÖavb wk¶K DËi w`‡jj |Óm¨vi Avcbv‡K ab¨ev` |)
Answer: The students said that they would like to go on an excursion. They asked the Headmaster with respectfully if they could have his permission. The Headmaster replied in the affirmative and said that they could arrange that after the examination was over. He also said that they should choose a historical place for that. The students thanked the Headmaster.

“What’s your programme after the examination?” asked Salam. Kamal said, I’ve not yet decided. Can you suggest any? “Let us go on a picnic.” Said Salam. “What an excellent idea! I shall certainly join with you.” said Kamal. (Ócix¶vi ci †Zvgvi Kg©m~Px wK?Ó , mvjvg wRÁvmv Kij| Kvgvj ejj, Ó Avwg GLbI wmØvšÍ †bB wb| Zzwg wK †Kvb civgk© w`‡Z cvi ?Ó ÓPj Avgiv eb‡fvR‡b hvBÓ, mvjvg ejj | wK PgrKvi! Avwg wbwðZfv‡e †Zvgvi mv‡_ †hvM`vb Kie |Ó, Kvgvj ejj |)
Answer: Salam asked Kamal what his programme was after the examination. Kamal replied that he had not yet decided. Then Kamal asked him (S) if he could suggest any. Salam proposed that they should go on a picnic. Kamal exclaimed with joy that it was an excellent idea. He said that he would certainly join with him.

Rashed said to karim. “How are you?” I went to your hostel yesterday, but did not find you. Where did you go?” “I went to the station.” said Karim. “I had to receive my maternal uncle there.”(iv‡k` Kwig‡K ejj,Ó Zzwg †Kgb AvQ? Avwg MZKvj †Zvgvi QvÎvev‡m wM‡qwQjvg wKš‘ †Zvgv‡K cvBwb |Zzwg †Kv_vq wM‡qwQj ? Ó Avwg †÷k‡b wM‡qwQjvgÓ Kwig ejj ,Ó Avgv‡K †mLv‡b Avgvi gvgv‡K Af¨_©bv Rvbv‡Z n‡qwQj |)
Answer: Rashed asked Karim how he was. Rashed added that he had gone to the hostel the previous day but had not found him. Rashed again asked Karim where he had gone. Karim replied that he had gone to the station because he had to receive his maternal uncle there.

 “Did people use in those days” asked Rafiq. “Yes, answered Mr Jamil, “The first stamps were used in 1840.” “Are they easy to get now?” asked Rafiq. “They are very difficult to get,” his uncle replied.(ÒZLbKvi w`‡bi †jv‡Kiv wK WvKwU‡KU e¨envi KiZ?Ó iwdK wRÁvmv Kij|Òn¨vÓRvgvj mv‡ne DËi w`‡jb ,ÒcÖ_g WvKwU‡KU e¨en&Z n‡qwQj 1840 m‡bÓ|ÒGLbwK †m¸‡jv mn‡R cvIqv hvq ?ÓiwdK wRÁvmv Kij|  Ò†m¸‡jv  cvIqv KwVb| Ó Zvi PvPv DËi w`j |)
Answer: Rafiq asked Mr Jamil if people had used stamps in those days. Mr Jamil replied in the affirmative and said that the first stamp had been used in 1840.Rafiq asked if they were easy to get then. His uncle replied that they were very difficult to get.

Once I asked a sweet little girl, “What is your mother’s name?” She replied cleverly. “I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.” I said. “What a clever girl you are!” “I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know.” She spoke with an air of confidence. (GK`v Avwg GKwU †QvU wgwó evwjKv‡K wRÁvmv Kijvg, Ò †Zvgvi gv‡qi bvg wK?Ó †m weP¶YZvi mv‡_ DËi w`j, ÒAvwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg Rvwb wKš‘ Avwg Zv †Zvgv‡K eje bv|Ó Avwg ejjvg, Ò Zzwg wK weP¶Y evwjKv!Ó ÒAvwg KvD‡K Avgvi gv‡qi bvg ewj bv hv‡K Avwg wPwb bv,Ó †m AvZ¡wek¦v‡mi mv‡_ ejj|)
Answer: Once I asked a sweet little girl what her mother’s name was. She replied cleverly that she knew her mother’s name but she would not tell me that. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl .With an air of confidence, she spoke that she didn’t tell her mother’s name to anybody whom she didn’t know.

 “Great king of the genies,” called the monster. “I will never disobey you.” Hearing those words, the fisherman became very brave and said, “Tell me why you were locked up in the vase?” The giant looked at the fisherman and said, “Speak to me politely or I shall kill you.” “Why should you kill me?” asked the fisherman. (ÓwRb‡`i gnvb ivRvÓ ˆ`Z¨ ejj, Ò Avwg KL‡bv †Zvgvi Aeva¨ ne bv|Ó I K_v¸‡jv ï‡b †R‡jwU mvnmx nj Ges ejj, ÒAvgv‡K ej †Kb †Zvgv‡K AvUwK‡q ivLv n‡qwQj?Ó ˆ`Z¨wU ivMvwš^Zfv‡e Zvi w`‡K ZvKvj Ges ejj, Ò Avgvi mv‡_ AwaKZi f`&ªfv‡e K_v ej A_ev Avwg †Zvgv‡K nZ¨v Kie |Ó )
Answer: The monster called the great king of the genies and said that he would never again disobey him (G). Hearing those words , the fishermen became brave and asked the monster to tell him (f) why he (M) had been locked up in the vase. Then the giant angrily looked at him and told the fishermen to speak to him (M) more politely, otherwise he (M) would kill him (F).The fisherman asked the monster why he (M) would kill him (F).

Father said to his son, “Why are you making late? Go to school now.” “No, I am not going to school today. I feel dizzy., ” said his son. ( wcZv Zvi cy·K ejj, ÒZzwg †Kb †`ix KiQ?Ó G¶ywb ¯‹z‡j hvI|Ó bv, Avwg AvR ¯‹z‡j hvw”Q bv | Avgvi gv_v Nyi‡QÓ, Zvi cyÎ ejj |)
Answer: Father asked his son why he (S) was making late. He told him to go to school then. His son replied in the negative and told that he was not going to school that day. He added that he (S) felt dizzy.
 “Have you killed the rates?” said the Mayor. “Yes, I have said the piper. “Give me the promised money.” “How funny!” said the Mayor, we cannot give you so much money. Take only fifty. ( ÒZzwg wK B›`yi ¸‡jv‡K †g‡i‡Qv?Ó †gqi ejj |Òn¨vu, Avwg †g‡iwQ,Ó eskxev`K ejj, ÒAvgv‡K cÖwZkÖ“Z UvKv w`b |Ó  Ò wK gRv ! †gqi ejj, Avgiv †Zvgv‡K †ekx UvKv w`‡Z cvwi bv | gvÎ cÂvk UvKv bvI |Ó)
Answer: The Mayor asked the piper if he (p) had killed the rates. The Piper replied in the affirmative and said that he had. Then he (P) told the Mayor to give him (P) the promised money. The Mayor exclaimed in wonder that it was very funny. He added that they could not give him (P) so much money and told him to take only fifty.

“Why did you not go to school?” said the mother to the girl. “I was ill, mum,” the girl replied. “How are you today?” the mother asked again.” “Well,” said the girl, “Don’t worry for me.” (ÒZzwg MZKvj †Kb ¯‹z‡j hvIwb ?Ó gv evwwjKvwU‡K ejj| Ògv, Ò Avwg Amy¯’ wQjvg,Ó evwjKvwU DËi w`j|ÒZzwg AvR †Kgb Av‡Qv? Ó gv Avevi wRÁvmv Kij | ÒfvjÓ, evwjKvwU ejj, ÒAvgvi Rb¨ DwØMœ nBI bvÓ|)
Answer: The mother asked the girl why she (girl) had not gone to school the previous day. The girl lovingly replied that she (girl) had been ill. / (Addressing her (M) as mum she (G) replied that she (G) had been ill.) The mother again asked her (G) how she (G) was that day. The girl replied that she was well. She (G) also said her not to worry for her.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...