Friday, June 29, 2018

Passage Narration for JSC,SSC and HSC Examination



Dhaka Borad – 2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Follow my example,” she said as we shook hands, “and never eat more than one thing for luncheon.” “I’ll do better than that,” I retorted. “I’ll eat nothing for dinner tonight.” “Humorist,”she cried gaily,jumping into a cab.
ÒAvgvi `„óvšÍ¸‡jv AbymiY KiæY,Ó‡m ejj hLb Avgiv Kig`©b KiwQjvg| ÒAvi ga¨vü‡fv‡Ri Rb¨ GKUv Lvev‡ii †ewk Lv‡eb bv|Ó ÒAvwg †mUvi †_‡K fv‡jv wKQz Kie|, ÒAvwg ejjvg, ÒAvwg AvR iv‡Z wKQzB Lve bv|Ó ÒKx gRvi †jvK!ÓMvwo‡Z DV‡Z DV‡Z †n‡m †n‡m K_v¸‡jv Kj‡jb wZwb|)

Answer:As we shook hands she told me to  follow her example and never eat more than one thing for luncheon.I retorted that I would do better than that and would eat nothing for dinner that night.Jumping into a cab she cried gaily calling me a humorist.
Rajshahi Borad – 2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Whose picture is it?”I asked. “A little girl’s of course,”said Grandmother. “Can’t you tell?” “Yes, but do you know the girl?” “Yes,I knew her ,” said Granny “but she was a very wicked girl and I shouldn’t tell you about her.”(ÒGUv Kvi Qwe? Avwg wR‡Ám Kijvg|ÒAek¨B GUv ‡QvU †g‡qi,Ó ej‡jb `vw`gv|ÒZzwg wK ej‡Z cvi bv?Ó Òn¨uv,cvwi|wKš‘y Zywg wK †g‡q‡K ‡Pb?ÓÒn¨uv Avwg Zv‡K wPbZvg,Ó`vw`gv ej‡jb, ÒwKš‘y †m Lye Lvivc †g‡‡q wQj Ges Zvi m¤ú‡K© †Zvgv‡K ejv Avgvi DwPZ bq|Ó)

Answer: I asked grandmother whose picture it was. Grandmother answered that it was a little girl’s picture .I asked her if she could tell. She answered in the affirmative. She asked me if I knew the girl.Granny answered in the affirmative that she had known her.Again she told me that she had been a very wicked girl and she shouldn’t tell me about her.


Jessore Board-2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The teacher asked the student if they had heard the name of Aesop. The students respectfully replid that they had not and they would be able to know about him. The teacher also exclaimed with wonder that his fables were very interesting and instructive.(‡Zvgiv wK Ckc Gi bvg ï‡bQ?Ó wkÿK wR‡Ám Ki‡jb| Òbv,m¨vi| wZwb †K wQ‡jb?Ó ÒAvgvi K_v g‡bv‡hvM w`‡q †kv‡bv Ges Zvn‡j Zzwg Zvui m¤ú‡K© Rvb‡Z cvi‡e|Zvui KíKvwnbx Kx gRvi Ges wkÿYxq! wkÿK ej‡jb|)
Answer: Have you heard the name of Aesop?” asked the teacher. “No, Sir, who was he?” “Listen to my lecture attentively and then you will be able to know about him. How interesting and instructive his fables are!” said the teacher.
                                Comilla Board – 2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you saved something for the future?” said the rich man.“No,”said the cobbler. “ I am happy with the present and think little about tomorrow.“No, that would not do, “said the rich man.“ I like to see you above want.Have this money and keep it.”(Zywg wK fwel¨‡Zi Rb¨ wKQz Rgv K‡i †i‡LQ?Óej‡jb abx †jvKwU| Òbv,ÓgywP ej‡jb| ÒeZ©gvb‡K wb‡qB Avwg Lywk Avi fwel¨‡Zi e¨vcv‡i Avwg fvwebv ej‡jB P‡j|Ó Òbv &Uv n‡Z cv‡i bv, Óej‡jb abx †jvKwU|ÒAvvwg †Zvgv‡K Afve Awf‡hv‡Mi D‡aŸ© †`L‡Z PvB|G A_©¸‡jv wb‡q ivL|Ó)

Answer: The rich man asked the cobbler if he (c) had saved something for the future. The cobbler answered in the negative. He (c) again told him (r) that he was happy with the present and thought little about the next day. At this the rich man said that that would not do. He further told the cobbler that he (r) liked to see him (c) above want. The rich man asked the cobbler to have that money and keep it.


                                Chittagong Board – 2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The witness told the interational crimes tribunal that he had suddenly heard a gunshot and gone towards the door. He added that he had seen many Al – Badr men and the members of the Pakistani army on his house premises. The judge asked him if he had recognized some of the Al- Badr men. The witness answered that he could recognize one Hamid in his village who had brought the members of the Pakistani army to the villege.(mvÿx AvšÍRvvwZ©K Aciva UªvBeybv‡j ej‡jb †h,Avwg nVvr GKUv ¸wji kã ïbjvg Ges `iRvi Kv‡Q †Mjvg| Avwg evwoi DVv‡b Avj e`‡ii †jvKRb‡`i Ges cvwK¯Ívwb †mbvevwnbxi m`m¨‡`i †`L‡Z ‡cjvg|ÓwePviK Zv‡K wR‡Ám Ki‡jb †h,ÒZzwg wK Avj-e`i‡`i KvD‡K wPb‡Z †c‡iwQ‡j?Ó mvÿx ej‡jb, ÒAvwg nvwg` e‡j GKRb‡K wPb‡Z †c‡iwQjvg,whwb MÖv‡g cvwK¯Ívwb †mbv‡`i wb‡q G‡mwQ‡jb|Ó)
Answer: The witness said to the interational crimes tribunal, “I have suddenly heard a gunshot and gone towards the door .I have seen many AL-Badr men and the members of the Pakistani army on my house premises.”The judge said to him, “Have you recognized some of the Al- Badr men?” The witness said, “ I can recognize one Hamid in my villege who has brought the members of the Pakistani army to the village .
Barisal Board – 2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Please, give me your English grammar book,” said Fahim. “I cannot give it ,” said Arman . “I have to take it with me in the class. “ I shall return the book before the class starts,” said Fahim. “Take it,” said Arman. “Thanks,” said Fahim.Ò`qv K‡i Avgv‡K †Zvgvi Bs‡iwR e¨vKiY eBwU `vI|Ódvwng ejj|ÒAvwg GUv w`‡Z cvie bv,ÓAvigvb ejj, ÒAvgv‡K GwU ‡kÖYxK‡ÿ wb‡q †h‡Z n‡e|ÓÒ‡Zvgvi K¬vm ïiæ nevi c~‡e© Avwg eBwU †diZ w`e|dvwng ejj| ÒGwU bvI,Ó Avigvb ejj| Òab¨ev`,Ódvwng ejj|)
Answer: Fahim requested Arman to give him (F) his (A) English grammar book. Arman said that he (A) could not give it. He (A) added that he (A) had to take it with him (A) in the class . At this Fahim said that he (F) would return the book before starting his (A)class. Then Arman told him (F) to take it. Fahim thanked him (A)
                               
Sylhet Board -2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Why are you crying? Do you have any problem?”asked the passerby. “I am crying because I have none to look after me,”said the street child .Are you hungry?” “Yes, I am,” said the boy.(ÒZzwg Kv`u‡Qv †Kb? †Zvgvi †Kv‡bv mgm¨v?Ó cw_K wR‡Ám Ki‡jb| ÒAvwg Kvu`wQ GB Rb¨ †h,Avgv‡K †`Lvi g‡Zv †KB †bB, Òejj c_wkïwU| ÒZzwg wK ÿayv©Z?Ó Òn¨uv,Avwg ÿza©vZ,Ó †Q‡jwU ejj|)

Answer: The passerby asked the street child why he was crying .Again he asked him if he had any problem. The Street child answered that he was crying because he had none to look after him.Then the passerby asked the steet child if he was hungry. The boy answered in the aftermative that he was hungry.     
Dinajpur Board-2017
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
He said to me, “I am very sorry ton trouble you, I shall be much obliged if you will kindly lend me your dictionary.” “I shall be very glad to be of service to yopu, and you are welcome to any of my books that you think of use to you,” said I.(‡m Avgv‡K ejj, Ò‡Zvgv‡K Kó †`Iqvi Rb¨ Avwg Ly&eB `ytwLZ|,wKš‘ Zzwg hw` Avgv‡K †Zvgiv AwfavbUv avi `vI,Zvn‡j Avwg LyeB K…ZÁ _vKe|Ó ÒAvwg hw` †Zvgvi Kv‡R jvwM,Zvn‡j LyeB Lywk ne Avi Avgvi ‡h eB †Zvgvi †Kv‡bv Kv‡R Avm‡e Zzwg g‡b Ki,‡mB mg¯Í eB‡qi e¨vcv‡i †Zvgv‡K ¯^vMZg,Ó ejjvg Avwg|)                                  

Answer: He said to me that he was very sorry to trouble me.He told me that he would be much obliged if I would kindly lend him my dictionary. In reply I told him that I would be very glad to be of service to him, and he was welcome to any of my books that he thought of use to him.







Dhaka Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Where do you come from?”  I asked him. “From San Carlos,” he said, and smiled. “I was taking care of animals,” “Oh.” I said, not quite understanding. “Yes,” he said, “I stayed, you see, taking care of animals. I was the last one to leave the town of San Carlos.”(ÒZywg †Kv_v †_‡K G‡m‡Q?Ó Avwg Zv‡K wRÁvmv Kijvg|Òl¨vi Kv‡jv©m †_‡K,Ó‡m ejj Ges nvmj|ÒAvwg cï‡`i †`Lvïbv Kwi,ÓÒAv”Qv,Ócyivcywi bv ey‡S Avwg K_v¸‡jv ejjvg|Òn¨vu,Ó †m ejj| ÒAvwg _vKZvg,Zzwg †Zv Rv‡bv,cï‡`i †`Lvïbv KiwQjvg|m¨vi Kv‡jvm© kni Z¨vMKvix e¨w³‡`i g‡a¨ AvwgB me©‡kl e¨w³|Ó)
Answer:I asked him where he came from.Smilingly he replied that he came from San Carlos. Then he said that he had been taking care of animals.Not quite understanding I reacted to what he had said.He confirmed saying that he had stayed there only for taking care of animals and added that he had been the last one to leave the town of San Carlos.

Rajshahi Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
 Have you cut your nails short?” The teacher said to Maruf. “No, I’ve forgotten,Sir,” said Maruf. “That’s very bad. You must be more careful about neatness and cleanliness. By doing so, you can prevent diarrhoea and some other diseasea too,” said the teacher. (ÒZwg wK bL †K‡U †QvU K‡iQ?Ó wkÿK gviæd‡K ejj|Òbv,Avwg fz‡j wM‡qwQ,m¨viÓ ejj gviæd| ÒGUv LyeB Lvivc|‡Zvgv‡K Aek¨B cwi¯‹vi,cwiQbœZv m¤ú‡K© m‡PZb n‡Z n‡e|GB KvR K‡i †Zvgiv Wvqvwiqv I Ab¨vb¨ AmyLI cÖwZ‡iva Ki‡Z cv‡i|ÓwkÿK ej‡jb|)
Answer: The teacher asked Maruf if he (M)had cut his nails short.Marif respectfully replied in the negative  and said that he (M) had forgotten.The teacher said that that was very bad.He (T)added that he (M)had to be more careful about neatness and cleanliness.He(t) also added that he (M) could prevent diarrhoea and some other diseases too by doing so.

Dinajpur Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you saved somthing for future?” said the rich man. “No,” said the cobbler. “I am happy with the present and think little about tommorrow.” “No that would not do.” Said the rich man. “I like to see you above want.Have this money and keep it.”(ÒZzwg wK fwel‡Zi Rb¨ wKQz mÂq K‡i †i‡L‡Qv?Óej‡jb abx †jvKwU| Òbv,ÓgywP  ej‡jb|ÒAvwg eZ©gvb wb‡qB Lywk Avi fwel¨‡Zi e¨vcv‡i fvwe bv ej‡jB P‡j|Ó Òbv,‡mUv n‡e bv, Òabx †jvKwU ej‡jb|ÒAvwg †Zvgv‡K Afvegy³ †`L‡Z PvB|bvI,GB A_©¸‡jv ivL|Ó)
Answer:The rich man asked the cobbler if he (c) had saved something for future.The cobbler replied in the negative .He added that he was happy with the present and thought  little about the next day.The rich man then disagreed and said that that would not do . He (rich man) told the cobbler that he liked to see him (c) above want.He then told the cobbler to have that money and keep it.

Comilla Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
One day Hazrat Omar (R) became shocked to see the sufferings of a woman and said, “Where do you live?” The woman said, “I live in a poor hut south end to this town. I’m hungry but there is no food in my house. Will you give me something to eat?” Hazrat Omar (R) said, “Go back home. I’m coming with food and money for you.”(GKw`b nhiZ Igi (ivt) GK gwnjvi Kó †`‡L AvNvZ †c‡jb Ges Zv‡K ej‡jb, Òavcwb †Kv_vq _v‡Kb?Ógwnjv ej‡jb, ÒGB kn‡ii `wÿYcÖv‡šÍ Avwg GK RxY© KzwU‡i emevm Kwi| Avwg ÿza©vZ,wKš‘ Avgvi N‡i †Kv‡bv Lvevi †bB|Avcwb wK Avgv‡K wKQz †L‡Z w`‡eb|ÓnhiZ Igi (ivt) ej‡jb, ÒN‡i wd‡i hvb|Avwg Avcbvi R‡b¨ Lvevi Avi A_© wb‡q AvmwQ|Ó)
Answer: One day hazrat Omar (R) became shocked to see the sufferings of a woman and asked her where she lived . The woman replied that she lived in a poor hut south end to that town.She then added that she was hungry but there was no food in her house . She again asked Hazrat Omar (R) if he would give her something to eat .In reply Hazrat Omar (R) told her to go back home and said that he was coming with food and money for her.


Chittagong Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
 “Why are your children crying, my daughter?”Said the Caliph. “They have been starving” said the woman. “Have you none else in the world?” “My husband died some monts ago. He left them neither money nor any property. So, they are in great distress. They have to starvw sometimes.” “Oh! Let me see,how I can help you?”said the Caliph. (Ò‡Zvgvi wkïiv Kv`u‡Q †Kb,‡g‡q?Óej‡jb Lwjdv| ÒI iv bv †L‡q Av‡Q,Óej‡jb gwnjvwU|Òc„w_ex‡Z wK ‡Zvgvi †KD †bB?Ó ÒAvgvi ¯^vgx gviv †M‡Qb K‡qKgvm Av‡M|wZwb I‡`i R‡b¨ A_© ev m¤ú` †Kv‡bv wKQzB †i‡L hvbwb|ZvB I‡`i GLb gnvwec`|KL‡bv I‡`i bv †L‡q _vK‡Z nq|ÓÒAvnv!Av”Qv Avwg †`LwQ,Kxfv‡e †Zvgv‡K Avwg mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z cvwi,ÓLwjdv ej‡jb|)

Answer : Addressing the woman as his daughter,the caliph asked her why her children were crying . The woman replied that they had been starving . The caliph further asked the woman if she had none else in the world . She replied that her husband had died some months before .She further added that he had left them neither any money nor any property and so they were in great distress. She also added that they had to starve sometimes . Being touched,the caliph told her that he might be allowed to see how he could help her.

Barishal Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Do you know Bangladesh Open University offers an English self- learning course?” Sejan said to Shawan. “Yes,I have heard it from my father who works as a tutor of the coyrse.It is a six-month course know as CELP,” said Shawan.(ÒZzwg wK GK_vUv Rv‡bv †h,evsjv‡`k D¤§y³ wek¦we`¨vjq Bswjk †mjd jvwb©s †Kvm© cwiPvjbv K‡i?ÓwmRvb ejj kvIb‡K|Òn¨uv,Avwg GUv ï‡bwQ Avgvi evevi KvQ †_‡K|whwb GB †Kv‡m©i GKRb wkÿK wn‡m‡e KvR K‡ib|‡mjd bv‡g cwiwPwZ GwU GKwU Qqgv‡mi †Kvm©,Óe‡j kvIb|)
Answer : Sejan asked Shawan if he (Shawan) knew Bangladesh open university offered an english self learning course.Shawan replied in the affirmative and said that he had heard it from his father who worked as a tutor of the course . He (Shawan) added that it was a six-month course known as CELP.




Jessore Board-2016

Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
I told the rickshaw puller that he had carried me a long way. Then I asked him how much I should pay him. I further asked him if fifty taka would do. He replied that anything was all right.
Answer: I said to the rickshaw puller, “You have carried me a long way. How much will i pay you? Will fifty taka do?” He said to me, “Anything is all right.’’ (ÒAvwg wi·vIqvjv‡K ejjvg, ÒZzwg A‡bKUv c_ Avgv‡K enb K‡i wb‡q G‡mQ|‡Zvgv‡K KZ w`e?cÂvk UvKv n‡j Pj‡e?Ó‡m Avgv‡K ejj, Òhv w`‡eb,Zv‡ZB wVK|Ó

Sylhet Board-2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
Once I asked a little girl what her mother’s name was.She replied that she could rememder her mother’s name but she did not tell me that.She added that she could remember name to anyone whom she did not know.I exclaimed with admiration that she was a very clever girl.

Answer: Once I said to a little girl, “What is your mother’s name?” “I can remember my mother’s name but I will not tell you this” she said to me. “I do not tell my mothers name to anyone whoom I do not know.” “What a clever girl you are! I exclaimed with admiration. (GKevi Avwg GK †QvÆ evwjKv‡K ejjvg, Ò‡Zvgvi gv‡qi bvg wK?ÓÒAvwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg Rvwb,wKš‘ Avwg †mUv †Zvgv‡K eje bv,Ó‡m Avgv‡K ejj|ÒAvwg hv‡K wPwb bv,Zvi Kv‡Q Avwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg ewjbv|ÓÒZzwg KZ PvjvK †g‡q|ÓcÖksmvq gy» n‡q Avwg Zv‡K ejjvg|Ó
Dhaka Board-2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you killed the rates?” said the Mayor. “Yes, I have said the piper. “Give me the promised money.” “How funny!” said the Mayor, we cannot give you so much money. Take only fifty. ( ÒZzwg wK B›`yi ¸‡jv‡K †g‡i‡Qv?Ó †gqi ejj |Òn¨vu, Avwg †g‡iwQ,Ó eskxev`K ejj, ÒAvgv‡K cÖwZkÖ“Z UvKv w`b |Ó  Ò wK gRv ! †gqi ejj, Avgiv †Zvgv‡K †ekx UvKv w`‡Z cvwi bv | gvÎ cÂvk UvKv bvI |Ó)

Answer: The Mayor asked the piper if he (p) had killed the rates. The Piper replied in the affirmative and said that he had. Then he (P) told the Mayor to give him (P) the promised money. The Mayor exclaimed in wonder that it was very funny. He added that they could not give him (P) so much money and told him to take only fifty.


Comilla Board-2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Why you are putting up the food in your pocket, Sir?” asked the noble man. “I am doing the right thing.My dress deserves the rich dishes,” replied Sheikh Saadi. “Please tell me clearly what you mean to say?” said the noble man.(ÓRbve, Avcwb Avcbvi Lvevi †Kb c‡K‡U ivL‡Qb?Ó Avcwb †Kb Lv‡”Qb bv ? m¤£vš— †jvKwU ejj | ÒAvwg mwVK KvRwU KiwQ, GB `vgx Lvevi ¸‡jv GB †cvkv‡Ki Rb¨ gvbvbmB,Ó ‡kL mv`x DËi w`j |ÓÒ AbyMÖn K‡i Avgv‡K ejyb Avcwb wK ej‡Z Pv‡”Qb|Ó Avwg eyS‡Z cviwQ bv Avcwb wK ej‡Z Pv‡”QbÓ   m¤£vš— †jvKwU ejj, Ó
Answer: The noble man asked Sheikh saadi respectfully why he (S) was putting up the food in his (S) pocket. Sheikh saadi replied that he was doing the right thing and he added that his dress deserved the rich dishes. The noble man requested Sheikh saadi to tell him clearly what he (S) meant to say.
Chittagong Board  - 2016
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Why are your children crying, my daugther?”said the Caliph. “They have been starving.” Said the woman. “Have you none else in the world?” “My husband died some months ago. He left them neither any money nor any property.So,they are in great distress. They have to starve whenever I fail to get anything for them to eat.” (Ò‡Zvgvi wkïiv Kv`u‡Q †Kb,‡g‡q?Óej‡jb Lwjdv| ÒI iv bv †L‡q Av‡Q,Óej‡jb gwnjvwU|Òc„w_ex‡Z wK ‡Zvgvi †KD †bB?Ó ÒAvgvi ¯^vgx gviv †M‡Qb K‡qKgvm Av‡M|wZwb I‡`i R‡b¨ A_© ev m¤ú` †Kv‡bv wKQzB †i‡L hvbwb|ZvB I‡`i GLb gnvwec`|KL‡bv I‡`i bv †L‡q _vK‡Z nq|ÓÒAvnv!Av”Qv Avwg †`LwQ,Kxfv‡e †Zvgv‡K Avwg mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z cvwi,ÓLwjdv ej‡jb|)
Answer:The caliph addressd the woman as his daughter and asked her why her children were crying.The woman answered that they had been starving.Then the caliph asked her if she had none esle in the world.At this the woman replied that her husband had died some months before.She added that he had left them neither money nor any property.Again she told him that they were in great distress and they had to starve sometimes.At this the caliph told her how he could help her.
Dinajpur Board -2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Porter, you may go,” said the mistress of the house, laughing. “You have gained your freedom.” “By Allah,” he replied. “I will not leave this house until I have heard the stories of my companies.” (Ògy‡U,Zzwg †h‡Z cvi,Ó evwoi M„nKÎx© nvm‡Z nvm‡Z ej‡jb| ÒZzwg gyw³ †c‡qQ|Ó ÒAvj­vni Kmg,Ó †m Reve w`j| ÒAvwg Avgvi m½x‡`i Mí bv ï‡b GB evwo Z¨vM Kie bv|)
Answer: The mistress of the house told the porter laughing that he might go and added that he had gained his freedom. Swearing by Allah, the porter replied that he would not leave the house until he had heard the stories of his companions.
Jessore Board -2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Are you still hungry?”I asked faintly. “Oh,no,I’m not hungry,you see.I don’t eat luncheon.I have a cup of coffee in the morning and then dinner,but I never eat more than one thing for luncheon.I was speaking for you”. “Oh,I see.”

Answer: I asked her family if she was still hungry. In reply, she said that she was hungry not at all and added that she didn’t eat luncheon. She also said that she had a cup of coffee in the morning and then dinner but she never ate more than one thing for lucheone. Finally she said that she was speaking for me. At this I expressed my surprise.
Chittagong Board -2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Do you have any dream?what is your dream?”,said Zayed. “Yes,I have a dream”,said Robi,”I will make your dream come true”,Zayed said with an affectinare note in his voice.

Answer: Zayed asked Robi if he (R) had any dream and what his dream was. In reply, Robi said that he had a dream and added that he (R) liked to have a plate full of rice. Zayed got surprised. He (Z) would make his (R) dream come true.

Sylhet Board -2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“She likes white gloves,”he said. “Do you thing I can getthem for a dollar?’’ “I think so.” I said, “Do you know her size?” he said. “I think her hangs are bigger than yours.”
Answer: He told me that she liked white gloves and asked me if i thought he could get them for a dollar. Then i told him that i thought so, and i asked him if he knew her size. At this, he said that he thought her hands were bigger than mine.
Barisal Board - 2015
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“How can I help you?said the librarian. “I want to have a library card.” Said Rubel. “Have you got your identity card?” “Yes here it is.How many books can I borrow at a time?” “You can borrow three books at a time.”  “Thank you.”

Answer:The librarian asked Rubel how he (L) could help him (R).At this,Rubel said that he (R) wanted to have a library card.Rubel replied in the affirmative and said that it was there.He (R) asked the librarian how many books he (R) could borrow at a time.In reply, the librarian told him (R) that he (R) could borrow three at a time.Finally, he (R) thanked the librarian.
Rajshahi Board -2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you cut your hair off’ asked Jim. “Cut it off and sold it,” said Della. “Don’t you like me just as well, anyhow? I’m me without my hair, ain’t  I ?”( Zywg wK †Zvgvi Pzj †K‡U †d‡jQ?Ó wRg ejj|ÒGUv †K‡U †d‡jwQ Ges wewµ K‡i w`‡qwQ,Ó †Wjv ejj|Zzwg wK Avgv‡K wVK Ggbfv‡e cQ›` KiQ bv,†h‡Kvb fv‡e?Avgvi Pzj Qvov‡Zv Avwg AvwgB AvwQ,AvwQ bv?Ó
Answer: Jim asked Della if she (D) had cut her hair off./[Being surprised Jim asked Della if she had cut off her hair.] Della replied that she had cut it off and sold it. She then asked him if he didn’t like her just as well anyhow. Again with a tag,She asked him if she was not herself  without her hair.


Comilla board -2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you seen your mother, Jerry?”“I see her every summer .She was sends for me “I wanted to cry out.” Why are you not with her? How can she let you go away again?” He said,She comes up here from Manville whenever she can .She does not have a job now.”(ÒZzwg wK †Zvgvi gv‡K †`‡LQ,†Rwi?Ó Avwg Zv‡K MÖx‡¯§ †`wL|wZwb Avgv‡K †W‡K cvVvb|Ó Avgvi wPrKvi w`‡Z B”Qv nj|ÒZzwg †Kb Zvi mv‡_ _vK bv? †Zvgv‡K wZwb Kx K‡i Avevi P‡j †h‡Z ‡`b|Ó †m ejj, Ò †m g¨v‡bbwfj †_‡K GLv‡b Av‡mb hLb mgq cvb|Zvi GLb PvKzwi †bB|)

Answer: The writer/Speaker  asked Jerry if he had seen her mother. Jerry replied that he saw her every summer and added that she sent for him. She/the speaker wanted to cry out and asked him why he was not with her.She again/also/further asked  how she could let him go away again. He said that she(Jerry’s mother) came up there from Mannville whenever she could. He also told that  she did not have a job then.

Dinajpur  board - 2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Mina have you done your English lesson today?”said the teacher. “Yes, sir,” she replied. “But I haven’t  understand it.” Said the teacher. “Thank you, sir,” she said.(Ówgbv ,Zzwg wK AvR Bs‡iwR cov wk‡L‡Qv?ÓwkÿK ej‡jb|ÒR¡x,Rbve,Ó Ò‡m Reve w`j| ÒZ‡e Avwg e¨vKi‡Yi GKUv welq eywSwb|Ó‡f‡e bv, Avwg †Zvgv‡K IUv eyS‡Z mvnvh¨ Kie,ÓwkÿK ej‡jb| Òab¨ev`,RbveÓ †m ejj|)

Answer:The teacher asked Mina if she had done her English lesson that day.Mina replied in the affirmative respectfully but she also added thatshe had not understood one grammatical point.At this, the teacher told her not to worry and added that he would help her understand it.She respectfully thanked him.


Chittagong Board -2014
 Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“You look as a little bit like my mother,” he said, “especially in the dark by the fire.” “But you were only four Jerry, when you came here. You have remembered how she looked all these years?” “My mother lives in Mannville,” he said.(“ ZvAvcbv‡K †`L‡Z mvgvb¨B Avgvi gv‡qi gZ,Ó †m ejj, Òwe‡kl K‡i AÜKv‡i Av¸‡bi cv‡k|Ó ÓwKš‘ †Rix,†Zvgvi eqm †Zv ZLb gvÎ Pvi eQi wQj hLb Zzwg GLv‡b G‡mwQj|‡Zvgvi wK g‡b c‡o GZ eQ‡iI †m †`L‡Z †Kgb wQj?Ó ‡jwLKv ej‡jb|Ò Avgvi gv g¨vbwfj G evm K‡ib,Ó †m ejj|)
Answer: Jerry told the writer that she looked as a little bit like his mother especially in the dark by the fire. The writer wondered and said that  he had been only four when he had gone there. With surprised the writer asked him (J) if he had remembered how she (Jerry’s mother) had looked all those years. Finally Jerry (J) replied that his mother lived in Mannville.

Jessore board -2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Where do you like to go, Sir? said the ticket officer to the passenger. “I want to go to Chittagong,” said the passenger. “How many tickets do you need?” “I need five tickets.” “Here are the tickets. They will cost one thousand taka,” said the ticket officer. (wU‡KU Kg©KZ©v hvÎx‡K ejj, Òm¨vi,Avcwb †Kv_vq †h‡Z Pvb?ÓÒ Avcbvi KZwU wU‡KU `iKvi?Ó ÒAvgvi cvPuwU wU‡KU `iKvi|Ó ÒGB wbb wU‡KU¸wj|‡m¸‡jv‡Z me©‡gvU GKnvRvi UvKv jvM‡e|ÓwU‡KU Kg©KZ©v ejj|)


Answer: The passenger respectfully asked the ticket officer where he (P) liked to go. The passenger replied that he (P) wanted to go to Chittagong. The ticket officer further asked the passenger how many tickets he (P) needed. He then replied that he (p) needed five tickets. Finally the ticket officer said that there were the tickets and they would cost one thousand taka. 


Sylhet Board -2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The begagr said, “Will you give me some food to eat?”I have been without food dor two days.” The housewife said, “Why don’t you work? You can earn your own food”. “Oh my God” said the begger, “I am disabled.I can’t work.”(wfÿzK ej‡jb, ÒAvgv‡K wK wKQz †L‡Z w`‡eb?Avwg `yw`b a‡i bv †L‡q AvwQ|ÓM„nKZ©x ej‡jb,ÒAvcwb KvR K‡ib bv †Kb?Avcwb DcvR©b K‡i Avcbvi Lvevi †hvMvo Ki‡Z cv‡ib|ÓÒn¨uv Ck¦iÓej‡jb wfÿzKwU, ÒAvwg c½y,Avwg KvR Ki‡Z cvwi bv|Ó)

Answer:The begger asked the housewife if she would give him some food to eat.He added that he had been without food for two days.The housewife asked him why hw did not work and added that he could earn his own foods. Expressing heavy disappontment the begger said that he was disabled and so he could not work.
Dhaka Board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The teacher said to the boy, “Do you think that honesty is the best policy?” “Yes Sir. I think so.” Then learn to be honest from your boyhood.” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir.” said the boy. “May Allah grant you a long life. “said the teacher to the boy. (wk¶K †Q‡jwU‡K ej‡jb, Ó Zzwg wK g‡b Ki †h mZZvB m‡evrK…ó cš’v ?Ó†Q‡jwU ejj, n¨uv m¨vi, Avwg ZvB g‡b KwiÓ| Ò AZGe †Zvgvi evj¨Kvj †_‡K mr n‡Z †kL |Ó wk¶K ej‡jb | ÒAvcbv‡K ab¨ev`,m¨vi Ó †Q‡jwU ejj| ÒAvjø­vn †Zvgvi `xN©Rxwe Kiyb,Ó wk¶K ej‡jb |)
Answer: The teacher asked the boy if he thought that honesty is the best policy. The boy replied respectfully in the affirmative and said that he thought so. Then the teacher advised him to learn to be honest from his boyhood. The boy thanked his teacher politely. The teacher wished that Allah might grant him a long life.



Comilla Board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“My son”said he, “A great treasure lies hidden in the estate.I am about to leave you .” “Where is it hidden?” said the sons. “I am about to tell you.” Said the old man. “But you must dig for it.”(ÒAvgvi ‡Q‡jiv,Avgvi K_v g‡bv‡hvM w`‡q †kvb|Avgvi m¤úwˇZ GKwU weivU m¤ú` jywK‡q i‡q‡Q|Avwg †Zvgv‡`i‡K †Q‡o P‡j hvw”Q|Ó ÒAvgiv GwU †Kv_vq cveÓ †Q‡jiv ej‡jv|ÒGRb¨ †Zvgv‡`i Rwg Lyou‡Z n‡e,|Óe„× †jvKwU ejj|)


Answer :Addressing them as his sons the old man told them that a great treasure lied hidden in the estate.He added that he was about to leave them.The sons asked him where it was hidden.The old man replied that he was about to tell them.But he added that they had to dig for it.

Rajshahi Board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The writer said to Jerry, “Your roller-skates look very nice. Who has bought them for you?”  “My mother”Is she alive?”“Yes,she lives in Mannville.”
(‡jLK †Rwi‡K ej‡jb, Ò‡Zvgvi †ivjvi †¯‹U¸‡jv †`L‡Z Lye my›`i|G¸‡jv †Zvgvi Rb¨ †K wK‡b‡Qb|?Ó ÒAvgvi gvÓ ÒwZwb wK †e‡Pu Av‡Qb?Ó Òn¨uv,wZwb _v‡Kb g¨vbwf‡j|)

Answer:The writer told Jerry that his roller skates looked very nice.She asked him who had brought them for him.Jerry replied that his mother had bought them for him.She asked him if she (M)was alive.Replying postively Jerry told her that she (M)lived in Mannvile.



Dinajpur board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
He said, “I can chop some wood today.” I said, “But I have a boy coming from the orphanage.” “I”m the boy.” “You? But you’re small.” “Size doesn’t matter chopping wood.” He said.(‡m ejj, g¨vWvg Avwg AvR wKQz KvV KvU‡Z cvwi|?‡jwLKv ej‡jb ÒwKš‘ GwZgLvbv †_‡K GwU †QvÆ †Q‡ji Avmvi K_v,ÒAvwgB ‡mB †Q‡jÓ ÒZzwg? wKš‘ Zzwg †Zv †QvÆÓ ÒKvV †PovB Kivi e¨vcv‡i AvK…wZ †Kv‡bv e¨vcvi bq|)

Answer:He told me that  he could chop some wood that day.But I told him that I had a boy coming from the orphange.He told me that he was the boy.I wondered and asked  him if it was he.I also added that he was small.He told me that size didn’t matter chopping wood.

Sylhet board - 2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
Rahim said to Hamid, “How are you? I went to your hostel yesterday,but did not find you. Where did you go?” “I went to the station,” said Hamid. “I had to receive my maternal uncle there.(ev`j mvjvg‡K ejj, Ò‡Kgb AvQ?ÓAvwg MZKvj †Zvgv‡`i evwo wM‡qwQjvg,wKš‘ †Zvgv‡K cvBwb|Zzwg †Kv_vq wM‡qwQj?Ó ÒAvwg †÷k‡b wM‡qwQjvg,Ómvjvg ejj| ÒAvwg gvgv‡K Avb‡Z †mLv‡b †h‡Z n‡qwQj|Ó

Answer:Rahim asked Hamid how he(H)was.He added that he had done to his(H)hostel the previous day but had not found him(H).He(R)again asked him(H)where he(H)had gone.Hamid replied that he(H)had gone to the station.He(H) added that he(R)had to receive his(R) maternal uncle there.




Barisal Board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Take the fan”said Edna,offering a fan to him. “Oh, no! Thank you. It dose no good.You have to stop fanning some time and feel all the more uncomfortable afterward.”(ÒcvLvUv bvI.ÓGKwU d¨vb w`‡q GWbv Zv‡K ejj|ÒAv‡i,bv,bv ÓÒ‡Zvgv‡K ab¨ev`|G‡Z †Kvb DcKvi †bB|wKš‘ mg‡qi Rb¨ cvLv Pvjv‡bv †Zvgv‡K eÜ Ki‡Z n‡e Ges Gici cy‡ivcywi A¯^w¯Í‡eva Ki‡Z n‡e|)
Answer:Offering a fan to him Edna told him to take the fan.He negeated the offer and thanked her.He added that it did no good.He again said that she had to stop fanning some time and felt all the more uncomfortable afterward.

Dhaka board - 2012
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Oh, my Lord, please do not kill the child.” said the woman. “Let her have him”said the king. “Now everything is clear to me.” Pointing the woman, he said to the servant, “Give her the child. She is the mother of the baby.”(ÒgnvivR,wkïwU‡K nZ¨v Ki‡eb bv|Ó gwnjvwU ej‡jb|I‡K (wkï‡K) Zvi (gwnjv) Kv‡Q w`‡q `vI|Óej‡jb ivRv| GLb mewKQz cwi¯‹vi n‡q †M‡Q Avgvi Kv‡Q|ÓgwnjvwU‡K †`wL‡q w`‡q wZwb f„Z¨‡K ej‡jb,Ó wkïwU‡K Zvi Kv‡Q `vI|DwbB GB wkïi gv|Ó)

Answer: The woman addressed her the king as her lord and told him (king) not to kill him (child).Then the king ordered his servant to let her(the woman) have him (child).Again the king said that everything was clear to him(king) then. Pointing to the woman, he again told his servant to give her the child. The king said that she was the mother of the baby.



Rajshahi Board -2012
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you heard the name of Aesop?” asked the teacher. “No, Sir, who was he?” “Read the lesson attentively and then you will be able to know about him.” “ How interesting and instructive his fables are!” said the teacher. (Ò‡Zvgiv wK Cmc Gi  bvg ï‡bQ?Ó wk¶K  wR‡Ám Ki‡jb| Òbv,m¨vi,wZwb †K wQ‡jb?Ó ÒcovwU g‡bv‡hvM w`‡q coGes Zvn‡j Zzwg Zviu mg‡Ü Rvb‡Z cvi‡e|Zvi KíKvwnbx Kx gRvi Ges wk¶Yxq|Ó wk¶K ej‡jb|)

Answer: The teacher asked his student if he had heard the name of Aesop. He (S) respectfully replied in the negative and asked him (T) who he was. The teacher advised him to read the lesson attentively and then he would be able to know about him. The teacher exclaimed that his fables are  very interesting and instructive.

Rajshahi Board - 2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“You have cut off your hair,” asked Jim, “Cut it off and sold it,”said Della. “Don’t you like me just as well any how? I’m me, without my hair, ain’t I?” (ÒZzwg †Zvgvi Pzj †K‡U †d‡jQÓwRg ejj, †K‡UwQ Ges wewµ K‡iwQÓ †Wjv ejj, ÒZzwg wK †h‡Kv‡bv fv‡eB Av‡Mi g‡ZvB Avgv‡K c›Q` Ki‡e bv|Ó Avgvi Pzj QvovI Avwg †Zv AvwgB ZvB bv?Ó)
Answer: Jim asked Della if she had cut off her hair. She replied that she had cut  off her hair and sold it. Then she asked him if he didn’t like her just as well any how. She added that she was her without her hair.To get confirmation she further asked him if she was not so.




Chittagong Board -2013
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The traveler said to the peasant, “Can you tell me the way to the nearest Inn?” The peasant said “Yes, I can. Do you want one in which you can spend the night?” The Traveller said  “I don’t wish  to stay there, but I only want a meal.” ( ågbKvix K…lK‡K wRÁvmv Kij ÒZzwg wK Avgv‡K wbKUZg mivBLvbvi bvg ej‡Z cvi?Ó K…lK ejj Òn¨v, Avwg cvwi| Avcwb wK Ggb GKUv mivBLvbv Pvb hv‡Z Avcwb  ivZ KvUv‡Z cv‡ib?Ó  ågbKvix ejj, ÒAvwg †mLv‡b _vK‡Z PvB bv, wKš‘ Avwg ïay GKevi Lvevi PvB|Ó)

Answer: The traveler asked the peasant if he could tell him the way to the nearest Inn. The peasant replied that he could. The peasant asked the stranger if he wanted one in which he could spend the night. The Stranger replied that he did not wish to say there but only wanted a meal.

Rajshahi Board – 2014
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you cut your hair off’ asked Jim. “Cut it off and sold it,” said Della. “Don’t you like me just as well, anyhow? I’m me without my hair, am’t  I ?”( Zywg wK †Zvgvi Pzj †K‡U †d‡jQ?Ó wRg ejj|ÒGUv †K‡U †d‡jwQ Ges wewµ K‡i w`‡qwQ,Ó †Wjv ejj|Zzwg wK Avgv‡K wVK Ggbfv‡e cQ›` KiQ bv,†h‡Kvb fv‡e?Avgvi Pzj Qvov‡Zv Avwg AvwgB AvwQ,AvwQ bv?Ó

Answer: Jim asked Della if she (D) had cut her hair off. Della said that she had cut it off and sold it. She asked him if he didn’t like her just as well, anyhow. She added that she was she without her hair.




Chittagong Board -2012
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Why are putting up the food in your pocket, Sir? Why don’t you eat?” asked the noble man. “I am doing the right thing. My dress deserves these rich dishes,” replied Sheikh Saddi. “ I don’t understand what do you mean to say.” Said the noble man,. “And I’m sorry.”(ÓRbve, Avcwb Avcbvi Lvevi †Kb c‡K‡U ivL‡Qb?Ó Avcwb †Kb Lv‡”Qb bv ? m¤ª¢všÍ /gnvb †jvKwU ejj | ÓAvwg mwVK KvRwU KiwQ, GB `vgx Lvevi ¸‡jv GB †cvkv‡Ki Rb¨ gvbvbmB,Ó ‡kL mv`x DËi w`j | ÓAvwg eyS‡Z cviwQ bv Avcwb wK ej‡Z Pv‡”QbÓ   m¤£všÍ †jvKwU ejj,ÓGes Avwg `ytwLZ |)

Answer: The noble man respectfully asked Sheikh Saddi why he was putting up the food in his pocket and why he did not eat. Sheikh Saddi replied that he was doing the right thing and added that  his dress deserved those rich dishes. The noble man told him that he did not understand what he meant to say. He further told that he was sorry.
Dinajpur Board -2012
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
Will you buy my hair,” asked Della.“I buy hair,” said Madame. “Take your hat off and let’s have a sight at the looks of it.” “Twenty dollars,” said Madame. “Give it to me quick “said Della.(ÒAvcwb wK Avgvi Pzj wKb‡eb?Ó †Wjv wR‡Ám Kij| Ò Avwg Pzj wKwb,Ó g¨vWvg ej‡jb| Ò‡Zvgvi Uzwc †Lvj Ges Avgv‡K †Zvgvi Pzj †`LvI|Ó Òwek Wjvi,Ó| ÒAvgv‡K ZvovZvwo ZvB w`b,†Wjv ejj|   
Answer: Della asked Madame if she (M) would buy her (D) hair.Madame replied that she(M) bought hair. Then she (M) told her(D) to take her (D) hat off and let them have a sight at the looks of the hair. After that Madame said that she (M) would give her (D) twenty dollars for her (D) hair. Della agreed and requested her (M) to give the money to her quickly.



Jessore Board -2012
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Follow my example” she said, as we shook hands” and never eat more than one thing for luncheon “I’ll do better than that” I said. I’ll eat nothing for dinner tonight.” “Humorist,” she cried gaily, jumping into a cab.”(ÒAvgvi `„óvšÍ Abymib Kiyb,Ó †m ejj hLb Avgiv Kig`©b KiwQjvg,  ÒAvi ga¨vü †fv‡Ri Rb¨ GKUv Lvev‡ii †ewk Lv‡eb bv||Ó ÔAvwg †mUvi †_‡K I wKQy fvj wKQy Kie|,Ó Avwg ejjvg, ÒAvwg AvR iv‡Z ˆbk‡fv‡Ri Rb¨ wKQyB Lve bv|Ó)

Answer: As he shook hands, she ordered me to follow her example and never to eat more than one thing for luncheon. I said (her) that I would do better than and added that I would eat nothing for dinner that night. Jumping into a cab, she cried gaily and said that  I was a humorist.

Comilla Board -2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Porter, you may go,” said the mistress of the house, laughing. “You have gained your freedom.” “By Allah,” he replied. “I will not leave this house until I have heard the stories of my companies.” (Ògy‡U,Zzwg †h‡Z cvi,Ó evwoi M„nKÎx© nvm‡Z nvm‡Z ej‡jb| ÒZzwg gyw³ †c‡qQ|Ó ÒAvjøvni Kmg,Ó †m Reve w`j| ÒAvwg Avgvi m½x‡`i Mí bv ï‡b GB evwo Z¨vM Kie bv|)

Answer: The mistress of the house told the porter laughing that he might go and added that he had gained his freedom. Swearing by Allah the porter replied that he would not leave that house until he had heard the stories of his companions.





Rajshahi board - 2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“I came here yesterday from my village,” he said. “Why did you come?” I asked, ‘My mother sent me to you with this letter.” “How is your mother? I have not seen her a long time. I hope she is quite well.(ÒAvwg MZKvj MÖvg †_‡K G‡mwQ,Ó †m ejj|Zzwg †Kb G‡m‡Qv?Ó Avwg wR‡Ám Kijvg| Ò Avgvi gv GB wPwVwU w`‡q Avgv‡K Avcbvi Kv‡Q cvwV‡q‡Qb|Ó Ò †Zvgvi gv †Kgb Av‡Qb? Avwg Zv‡K eûw`b †`wLwb|Avwg Avkv KiwQ wZwb fvj Av‡Qb|Ó
Answer: He told me that he had gone there the previous day from his village. I asked him why he had gone. He replied that his mother had sent him to me with that letter. I again asked him how his mother was. I told him that I had not seen her for a long time. I added that I hopped, she was quiet well.
Chittagong Board -2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
Once I asked a little girl, “What is your mother’s name?” “I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.” “I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know. She said, “What a clever girl you are!”( GK`v Avwg GKwU wgwó †QvÆ †g‡q‡K wRÁvmv Kijvg, Ò‡Zvgvi gv‡qi bvg wK?Ó †m PvZz‡h©i mv‡_ Reve w`j, Ò Avwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg Rvwb wKšÍ eje bv|Ó Avwg ejjvg, ÒZzwg Kx eyw×gwZ †g‡q!Ó ÒAvwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg Zv‡K ewj bv hv‡K Avwg wPwb bv,Ó †m AvZ¥wek¦v‡mi mv‡_ ejj|)

Answer: Once I asked a little girl what her mother’s name was. She replied that she knew her mother’s name but she would not tell me that. She also said that she did not tell her mother’s name to anybody whom she did not know. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl.



Barisal  Board -2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Could I help you, sir?” said the receptionist. The man replied, “Sure, I want to meet the Managing Director of the company.” The receptionist said, “Do you have an appointment?” “Yes, I have,” he said.(ÒAvMš‘K evjKwU‡K ej‡jb, ÒZzwg wK Avgv‡K wbKUZg †nv‡U‡j hvevi c_Uv ‡`wL‡q †`‡e?Ó Òn¨vu,†`Lve,Avcwb wK †Kvb AvevwmK †nv‡Uj Pvb †hLv‡b Avcwb ivZ KvUv‡Z cvi‡eb?Ó evjKwU ejj, ÒAvwg GLv‡b Ae¯’vb Ki‡Z PvB bv,eis Avwg GK †ejvi Lvevi PvBÓ AvMš‘K Reve w`j| evjKwU ejj, ÒAvgvi mv‡_ Avmyb|)

Answer: The receptionist addressing the man as sir asked him if he (R) could help him (M).The man replied in the affirmative and said that he wanted to meet the Managing Director of the company. The receptionist asked if he (M) had an appointment. He replied in the affirmative and said that he (M) had.

Sylhet Board -2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
 “Will you come to my house tomorrow?” I said to the boy, ‘We can discuss terms and conditions then.” “I shall be very happy to meet you at your house. Thank you so much,” he replied.( ÒZywg wK AvMvgxKvj Avgvi evwo‡Z Avm‡e?Ó Avwg †Q‡jwU‡K ejjvg|ÔAvgiv ZLb aviv I kZ©vejx wb‡q Av‡jvPbv Ki‡Z cvwi|Ó ÒAvwg Avcbvi evwo‡Z wM‡q †`Lv Ki‡Z cvi‡j LyeB Lywk ne|Avcbv‡K A‡bK ab¨ev`, ‡m Reve w`j|)
Answer: I asked the boy if he would go to my house the following day. I added that we could discuss terms and conditions then. He replied that he would be very happy to meet me at my house. He thanked me very much.


Dinajpur Board-2011
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
The stranger said to the boy, “Will you tell me the way to the nearest hotel?” “Yes, I will. Do you want a residential one in which can spend the night?” the boy said. “I don’t want to say there, but only want a meal,” the stranger replied. The boy said , “Follow me.”(ÒAvMš‘K evjKwU‡K ej‡jb, ÒZzwg wK Avgv‡K wbKUZg †nv‡U‡j hvevi c_Uv †`wL‡q w`‡e?Ó Òn¨vu,†`Lve,Avcwb wK †Kvb AvevwmK †nv‡Uj Pvb †hLv‡b Avcwb ivZ KvUv‡Z cvi‡eb?Ó evjKwU ejj, ÒAvwg GLv‡b Ae¯’vb Ki‡Z PvB bv,eis Avwg GK †ejvi Lvevi PvBÓAvMš‘K Reve w`j|evjKwU ejj, ÒAvgvi mv‡_ Avmyb|Ó)
Answer: The stranger asked the boy if he would tell him the way to the nearest hotel. The boy replied in the affirmative and said that he would. The boy asked him if he wanted a residential one in which he could spend the night. The stranger replied that he did not want to stay there, but he only wanted a meal. The boy told the stranger to follow him.
Dhaka Board -2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
 “Where are you going?” said the merchant. “I was coming to see you.” “What do you want?” “To earn my bread by the labor of my hands.” “Do you really work?” said the merchant. “Yes, if you have any”. Then follow me and carry a box from a shop to my house.” “I do not see how I can do that.” said the youth .( ÒZzwg †Kv_vq hv”Q?ÕewYK ej‡jb,ÒAvwg Avcbvi mv‡_ †`Lv Ki‡Z G‡mwQjvg|Ó ÒZzwg Kx PvI?Ó ÒwbR nv‡Z cwikªg i“wR †ivRMvi Ki‡Z PvB|Ó ÒZzwg wK mwZ¨B KvR PvI?ÓewYK ej‡jb| Òn¨vu,hw` Avcbvi Kv‡Q †Kvb KvR _v‡K|Ó ÒZvn‡j Avgv‡K AbymiY Ki Ges †`vKvb †_‡K Avgvi evmv ch©šÍ GKwU ev·ª enb  K‡i wb‡q `vI|Ó ÒAvwg ey‡SwQ bv Kxfv‡e Avwg †mUv Ki‡Z cvwvi,|ÓheyKwU ejj|)

Answer: The Merchant asked the youth where he(y) was going. The youth replied that he (y) had been coming to see him (m).Again the merchant asked him(y) what he wanted. The youth said that he(y) wanted to earn his (y) bread by the labour of his (y) hands. The merchant again asked the boy if he (Y) really wanted to work. The youth replied in the affirmative that if he (M) had any. Then the merchant ordered the youth to follow him (M) and to carry a box from a ship to his (m) house. The youth said that he (Y) did not see how he (Y) could do that.

Rajshahi board -2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
A hawker said, “Will you buy any paper? I have all types of newspaper and magazines .Please take one from me.” “I buy books but now I need a weekly. Don’t  you have any weekly magazine ?” said Susmita.(‡dwiIqvjv ejj, ÒAvcwb wK †Kvb cwÎKv wKb‡eb?Avgvi Kv‡Q meai‡bi Le‡Ri KvMR Ges g¨vMvwRb Av‡Q|AbyMÖn K‡i Avgvi KvQ †_‡K GKwU wbb|Ó ÒAvwg eB wKwb wKšÍ GLb Avgvi GKwU mvßvwnK cÖ‡qvRb|‡Zvgvi wK †Kvb mvßvwnK g¨vMvwRb †bB?Ó myw¤§Zv ejj|)
Answer:A Hawker asked Susmita if she (S) would buy any paper. He(H) also said that he (H) had all types of newspapers and magazines. Again he requested her(S) to take one from him(H). Susmita replied that she(S) bought books but then she (S) needed a weekly. She also asked him (H) if he (H) didn’t have any weekly magazine.

Jessore board-2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“You look as a little bit like my mother,” he said, “especially in the dark by the fire.” “But you were only four Jerry, when you came here.”Have you remembered how she looked all these years?” “My mother lives in Mannville,” he said.(“ ZvAvcbv‡K †`L‡Z mvgvb¨B Avgvi gv‡qi gZ,Ó †m ejj, Òwe‡kl K‡i AÜKv‡i Av¸‡bi cv‡k|Ó ÓwKš‘ †Rix,†Zvgvi eqm †Zv ZLb gvÎ Pvi eQi wQj hLb Zzwg GLv‡b G‡mwQj|‡Zvgvi wK g‡b c‡o GZ eQ‡iI †m †`L‡Z †Kgb wQj?Ó ‡jwLKv ej‡jb|Ò Avgvi gv g¨vbwfj G evm K‡ib,Ó †m ejj|)
Answer: Jerry told authoress that she looked a little bit like his mother especially in the dark by the fire. But Being surprised she told him that he had been only four when he had gone there. The authoress asked him (J) if he had remembered how she (Jerry’s mother) had looked all those years. Finally Jerry (J) replied that his mother lived in Mannville.

Comilla Board-2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“May I come in sir?” A boy standing at the door said to him. Then without waiting for his reply the boy entered the room and said, “Sir, I have come from Palaspur with a letter from Mr. Ajit Bose? How is he?” He said smiling. “He is not well. He has been suffering from a serious illness for two years.” The boy said “How sad it is! May God cure him?” He said.(Ò‡fZ‡i Avm‡Z cvwi,m¨vi?Ó `iRvq `vouv‡bv GKwU evjK Zv‡K ejj|Zvici Zvi Dˇii A‡c¶v bv K‡i evjKwU N‡i cÖ‡ek Kij Ges ejj, Òm¨vi, Avwg Rbve AwRZ †ev‡mi KvQ †_‡K GKwU wPwV wb‡q cjvkcyi †_‡K G‡mwQ|Ó ÒAwRZ †evm? †m †Kgb Av‡Q?Ó nvwmgy‡L †m ejj|ÒwZwb fvj †bB|wZwb `yeQi hver GKwU KwVb †iv‡M fyM‡Qb,Ó evjKwU ejj| ÒKZB bv cwiZv‡ci welq GwUÒ †Lv`v Zv‡K my¯’ Ki“b,Ó wZwb ej‡jb|)

Answer: A boy standing at the door, addressing him as sir asked him if/ he(B) might come in. Then without waiting for his (S) reply the boy entered the room and respectfully said that he (B) had come from Palashpur with a letter from Mr. Ajit Bose. He asked smiling if he had really come from Ajit Bose. He again asked how he was. The boy replied that he was not well and added that he had been suffering from a serious illness for two years. He(S) exclaimed with grief that it was very sad and prayed that God might cure him.

Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Follow my example” she said, as we shook hands” and never eat more than one thing for luncheon “I’ll do better than that” I said. I’ll eat nothing for dinner tonight.” (ÒAvgvi `„óvšÍ Abymib Ki“b,Ó †m ejj hLb Avgiv Kig`©b KiwQjvg,  ÒAvi ga¨vü †fv‡Ri Rb¨ GKUv Lvev‡ii †ewk Lv‡eb bv||Ó ÔAvwg †mUvi †_‡K I wKQy fvj wKQy Kie|,Ó Avwg ejjvg, ÒAvwg AvR iv‡Z ˆbk‡fv‡Ri Rb¨ wKQyB Lve bv|Ó)

Answer: As he shook hands, she ordered me to follow her example and never to eat more than one thing for luncheon. I said (her) that I would do better than that and also said that I would eat nothing for dinner that night.



Barisal Board-2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Will you go to college today?” the mother said to her son.”No mother. Our classes are suspended.” “Then go to the market and bring some vegetables.” “Let me be ready and give me money. (ÒZzwg wK AvR K‡j‡R hv‡e?Ó gv Zvui cy·K ej‡jb| Òbv,gv| Avgv‡`i K¬vm ¯nwMZ Kiv n‡q‡Q|ÓZvn‡j evRv‡i hvI Ges wKQy kvKmewR wb‡q Avm|Ó ÒAvgv‡K ˆZwi n‡Z `vI Ges wKQy UvKv `vI|Ó)


Answer: The mother asked her son if he (S) would go to college that day.The son addressing as mother replied in the negative that their classes were suspended. Then the mother ordered her son to go to the market and bring some vegetables. The son told his mother that he might be ready and told  her to give him(S) some money.

Sylhet Board-2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“I’ll pay for it.” he said.“I broke it.I brought the axe down careless .”“ But no one hits accurately every time. Jerry, Moreover, the fault was in the wood of the handle. Ill see the man who I have bought it from “ I told  him. (ÒAvwg Gi `vg †`e,Ó †m ejj| ÒAvwg GUv †f‡½wQ| Avwg Amveav‡b KzovjwU Øviv †Kvc w`‡qwQjvg|Ó ÒwKšZz †KD †Zv memgq mwVKfv‡e †Kvc †`q bv,Ó Avwg Zv‡K ejjvg|Òmgm¨vwU wQj nvZ‡ji Kv‡V| hvi KvQ †_‡K Avwg GUv wK‡bwQ Zvi m‡½ Avwg †`Lv Kie|Ó

Answer: He(J) said that he would pay for it. He further said that he had broken it and had brought the axe down careless. I told him that no one hit accurately every time and added that the fault had been in the wood of the handle. I again told him that I would see the man from whom I had bought it.

Sylhet Board-2009/Jessore Board-2009/Dinajpur Board-2009
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
Once I asked a little girl, “What is your mother’s name?” She replied cleverly, “I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.” I said, “What a clever girl you are! May you prosper in life.” ”(GK`v Avwg GKwU wgwó †QvÆ †g‡q‡K wRÁvmv Kijvg, Ò‡Zvgvi gv‡qi bvg wK?Ó †m PvZz‡h©i mv‡_ Reve w`j,Ò Avwg Avgvi gv‡qi bvg Rvwb wKšÍ eje bv|Ó Avwg ejjvg, ÒZzwg Kx eyw×gwZ †g‡q!Ó Zzwg Rxe‡b mdjKvg nI|Ó

Answer: Once I asked a sweet little girl what her mother’s name was. She replied cleverly that she knew her mother’s name. She also said that she would not tell me that. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl and I wished that she might prosper in life.

Dinajpur Board-2010
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Why don’t you attend classes regularly?” the teacher said to the student, “You can’t expect great results unless you attend classes as I tell you .”“I am sorry sir,I have offended you ,” said the student .  (ÒZzwg K¬v‡m wbqwgZ Dcw¯’Z _vK bv †Kb?Ó wk¶K Qv·K ej‡jb| ÒZzwg fvj djvdj Avkv Ki‡Z cvi bv hw` bv Avwg †Zvgv‡K †hgb e‡jwQ †Zgb K¬v‡m Dcw¯’Z _vK|Ó ÒAvwg `ytwLZ,m¨vi, Avwg Avcbv‡K AvNvZ w`‡qwQ,Ó QvÎwU ejj|)
Answer: The teacher asked the student why he(S) did not attend classes regularly. He(T) also said that he(S) could not expect good results unless he(S) attended classes as he (t)told him (S).Addressing as sir respectfully the student said that he(S) was sorry, as he (S) had offended him(T)



Dhaka Board-2009
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Have you seen your mother, Jerry?”“I see her every summer .She was sends for me “I wanted to cry out.” Why are you not with her? How can she let you go away again?” He said,She comes up here from Manville whenever she can .She does not have a job now.”(ÒZzwg wK †Zvgvi gv‡K †`‡LQ,†Rwi?Ó Avwg Zv‡K MÖx‡¯§ †`wL|wZwb Avgv‡K †W‡K cvVvb|Ó Avgvi wPrKvi w`‡Z B”Qv nj|ÒZzwg †Kb Zvi mv‡_ _vK bv? †Zvgv‡K wZwb Kx K‡i Avevi P‡j †h‡Z ‡`b|Ó †m ejj, Ò †m g¨v‡bbwfj †_‡K GLv‡b Av‡mb hLb mgq cvb|Zvi GLb PvKzwi †bB|)
Answer: The writer  asked Jerry if he had seen her mother. Jerry replied that he saw her every summer and added that she sent for him. She wanted to cry out and asked him why he was not with her and how she could let him go away again. He said that she came up there from Mannville whenever she could. He also told that  she did not have a job then.

Rajshahi Board-2009
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Where are you from?” said the teacher. “I am from Nepal,” said the student. “How did you find Dhaka when you first arrived?” said the teacher. “Well, I like it. I think the city is very beautiful,” said the student.ÒZzwg †Kv_v †_‡K G‡mQ?Ó wk¶K ej‡jb| ÒAvwg †bcvj †_‡K G‡mwQ,Ó QvÎ ejj| ÒZzwg XvKv‡K †Kgb †`‡LwQ‡j hLb Zzwg cÖ_g G‡mwQ‡j?Ó wk¶K ej‡jb| Òfvj,Avgvi cQ›` n‡q‡Q|Avwg g‡b Kwi kniwU Lye my›`i,ÓQvÎ )

Answer: The teacher asked the student where she was from. The student replied that he was from Nepal. The teacher asked the student how he (S) had found Dhaka when he was(S) had first arrived. The student said that she came up there from Mannville whenever she could and that she did not have a job then.


Comilla Board-2009
“I came here yesterday from my village,” he said. “Why did you come?” I asked, ‘My mother sent me to you with this letter.” “How is your mother? I have not seen her a long time. I hope she is quite well.(ÒAvwg MZKvj MÖvg †_‡K G‡mwQ,Ó †m ejj|Zzwg †Kb G‡m‡Qv?Ó Avwg wR‡Ám Kijvg| Ò Avgvi gv GB wPwVwU w`‡q Avgv‡K Avcbvi Kv‡Q cvwV‡q‡Qb|Ó Ò †Zvgvi gv †Kgb Av‡Qb? Avwg Zv‡K eûw`b †`wLwb|Avwg Avkv KiwQ wZwb fvj Av‡Qb|Ó
Answer: He told me that he had gone there the previous day from his village. I asked him why he had gone. He replied that his mother had sent him to me with that letter. I again asked him how his mother was. I told him that I had not seen her for a long time. I added that I hopped, she was quiet well.

Answer:He told that he had gone there the previous day from his village.I asked him why he had gone there.He replied that his mother had sent him to me with that letter.I then asked him how his mother was and told him that I had not seen her for a long time and also added that I hopped that she was quiet well.
Chittagong Board-2009
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Where is my son?” said the Grocer. “A crow carried you son away” said the fruit seller. “You liar. How can a crow carry away such a big boy?” “Just the same way as mice can eat away the balance and weights.”( Avgvi †Q‡j †Kv_vq?gyw` ‡`vKvb`vi ejj| ÒGKwU KvK †Zvgvi †Q‡j‡K wb‡q †M‡Q, Ódj we‡µZv ejj| ÒZzwg wg‡_¨ev`x|KvK Kxfv‡e GZ eo †Q‡j‡K wb‡Z cv‡i?Ó ÒwVK †hfv‡e B`yui `vuwocvj­v Ges evULviv †L‡q †dj‡Z cv‡i|Ó
Answer: The Grocer asked the fruit seller where is (g)son was. The fruit seller replied that a crow had carried his (g) son away. The grocer called the fruit seller liar and asked how a crow could carry away such a big boy. The fruit seller told the grocer that the same way as mice could eat away the balance and weights.

Barisal Board-2009
Change the narrative style by using direct/indirect speeches.
“Where did you go yesterday?” said Lipi.“ I went to Chittagong to see my mother ,”said Mina. “She has been suffering from high blood pressure.” Is she sound now?” said Rajon. “No,” said Mina.(ÒZzwg MZKvj †Kv_vq wM‡qwQj?Ó wjwc ejj| ÒAvwg Avgvi gv‡K †`L‡Z PUªMÖvg wM‡qwQjvg,Ó wgbv ejj| ÒwZwb D”Pi³Pv‡c fyM‡Qb|Ó ÒwZwb wK GLb fvj Av‡Qb?Ó wjwc ejj| Òbv,Ó wgbv ejj|)

Answer:  Lipi asked Mina where she (m) had gone the previous day. Mina replied that she (m) had gone to Chittagong to see her (m) Mother. Mina added that she (mo) had been suffering from high blood pressure. Lipi again asked Mina if she (mo) was sound then. Mina replied in the negative.


The man said to the manager “May I come in Sir ?” “ Yes,” come in . “What do you want ?”said the manager “I want to open a bank  account in your bank ,”said the man .”Can you tell me the process of opening a savings account ?”(‡jvKwU g¨v‡bRvi‡K ejj,ÒAvwg wK wfZ‡i Avm‡Z cvwi,m¨vi ?ÓÒn¨v,wfZ‡i Avmyb| Avcwb Kx Pvb?Óg¨v‡bRvi wR‡Ám Ki‡jb|ÒAvwg Avcbvi e¨vs‡K GKwU e¨vsK wnmve Lyj‡Z PvB|Ó†jvKwU ejj|ÒAvcwb wK ej‡Z cv‡ib Kxfv‡e Avwg GKwU mÂqx wnmve Lyj‡Z cvwi?Ó)

Answer: The man respectfully the manager if he might go in. The manager replied in the affirmative and told him to go in. He also asked him what he wanted. The man replied him (MR) that he wanted to open a bank account. At last he asked him (MR) if he could tell him the process of opening a saving account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...