Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Passage narration for practice

Narration
Passage narration for practice
Set-1
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
‘Have you seen your mother, Jerry?’ ‘I see her every summer. She sends for me.’ I wanted to cry out. ‘Why are you not with her? How can she let you go away again?’ He said, ‘She comes up here from Mannville whenever she can. She does not have a job now.’
Answer to the set no-1:
I asked Jerry if he had seen his mother. Jerry replied that he saw her every summer and added that she sent for him. I had wanted to cry out and asked why he was you not with her and also asked how she could let him go away again. He said that she went up there from Manville whenever she could and added that she did not have a job then.
Set-2
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
‘Where are you from?’ said the teacher. ‘I am from Nepal,’ said the student. ‘How did you find Dhaka when you first arrived?’ said the teacher. ‘Well, I like it. I think the city is very beautiful,’ said the student.
Answer to the set no-2: Try yourself
Set-3
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
‘I came here yesterday from my village,’ he said. ‘Why did you come?’ I asked. ‘My mother sent me to you with this letter.’ ‘How is your mother? I have not seen her for a long time. I hope she is quite well.’
Answer to the set no-3:
He said that he had gone there the previous day from his village. I asked him why he had gone. He replied that his mother had sent him to me with that letter. I asked how his mother was and said that I had not seen her for a long time and added that I hoped she was quite well.
Set-4
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
Once I asked a little girl, ‘What’s your mother’s name?’ She replied cleverly, ‘I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.’ I said, ‘What a clever girl you are! May you prosper in life.’
Answer to the set no-4: Try yourself
Set-5
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
Once I said to a sweet little girl, ‘What’s your mother’s name?’ She replied cleverly, ‘I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.’ I said, ‘What a clever girl you are!’ ‘I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know,’ she spoke with an air of confidence.
Answer to the set no-5:
Once I asked a sweet little girl what her mother’s name was. She replied cleverly that she knew her mother’s name but she would not tell me that. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl. She spoke with an air of confidence that she did not tell her mother’s name to anybody whom she didn’t know.
Set-6
# Re-write the following passage in the reported speech.
‘May I come in, sir?’ a boy standing at the door said to him. Then without waiting for his reply the boy entered the room and said, ‘Sir, I have come from Palashpur with a letter from Mr. Ajit Bose.’ ‘Ajit Bose? How is he?’ he said smiling. ‘He is not well. He has been suffering from a serious illness for two years,’ the boy said. ‘How sad it is! May God cure him,’ he said.
Set-7
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
‘Where did you go yesterday?’ said Lipi. ‘I went to Chittagong to see my mother,’ said Mina. ‘She has been suffering from high blood pressure.’ ‘Is she sound now?’ said Lipi.’ ‘No,’ said Mina.
Answer to the set no-7:
Lipi asked Mina where she had gone the previous day. Mina replied that she had gone to Chittagong to see her mother and said that she had been suffering from high blood pressure. Lipi asked if she was sound then. Mina replied in the negative.
Set-8
# Re-write the following in the reported speech.
‘I’ll pay for it,’ he said. ‘I broke it, I brought the exe down careless.’ ‘But no one hits accurately every time, Jerry. Moreover, the fault was in the wood of the handle. I’ll see the man who I have bought it from,’ I told him.
Answer to the set no-8: Try yourself
Set-9
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
I asked Nisha, ‘What’s your mother’s name?’ I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that. I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know’, said she. ‘What a clever girl you are!’
Answer to the set no-9 :
I asked Nisha what her mother’s name was. Nisha replied that she knew her mother’s name but she would not tell me that and added that she didn’t tell her mother’s name to anybody whom she didn’t know. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl.
Set-10
# Re-write the following passage in the indirect speech.
‘You look a little bit like my mother,’ he said ‘especially in the dark by the fire.’ ‘But you were only four Jerry, when you came here. You have remembered how she looked all these years?’ ‘My mother lives in Mannville,’ he said.
Answer to the set no-10: Try yourself

12 comments:

Unknown said...

We enjoy the subject.

Dynamic Career Coaching said...

Thanks dear

Udail said...

fruitful blog

Anonymous said...

Its not hard

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what is the correct ans of set no.8 & set no.10.
It would be helpful if anyone share the answers with me.

Unknown said...

Thanks bro, you help me a lot.tnx

Unknown said...

where is answer

DELOWER said...

Thanks a lot sir

Unknown said...

Jerry said that he would pay for it.

Unknown said...

It’s was very nice.
Thank you, sir

Unknown said...

please can you give us answer.

Unknown said...

Very helpful.....thanks

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...