Monday, May 21, 2012

GRAMMAR : NARRATION

GRAMMAR : NARRATION


Change the narration of the following sentences.
1. a) He said to me, 'Please give me a glass of water'.
b) He said to me, 'Where do you live'?
c) Ripa said, 'I must write a letter'.
d) She says, 'I was ill'.
e) I said to him, 'Good morning'.
2. a) The teacher said to the student 'have you done your English lesson today?'
b) He said to me, 'You must decide what you want to do.'
c) Father said to his son, 'Always behave well'.
d) They said to us, 'Let us decide the matter ourselves'.
e) He said to me, 'Congratulations!'
3. a) The students said to the teacher 'Please, explain the matter again, sir.'
b) The teacher said, 'Let him do whatever he likes'.
c) 'Were you hungry, friends?' said the captain.
d) 'Yes, sir', The student replied. `I have done my duty'.
e) "Don't worry for me', The girl said to her mother.
4. a) They said to us, 'We shall open the firm'.
b) I said to her, 'Where did you do yesterday'.
c) She said to me, 'Let us make fun'.
d) He says to me, 'I shall punish her'.
e) Karim said, 'I came to Dhaka this morning'.
5. a) The man said to the girl, 'I know you and your father'.
b) The boy said to his friend, 'have you done the sum?'
c) My friend said to me, 'Let us go out for a walk'.
d) Shelly said to me, 'I want to go to school now'.
e) The man said to me, 'Where do you live?'
6. a) He said to me, 'I want to your house yesterday'.
b) 'Please listen to me', said he.
c) I said to the chairman, 'Let them do their duty'.
d) Runa said, 'Mother, I must do a good result this year'.
e) He said to me, 'Did you follow my examples?'
7. a) Laila said, 'Father, I shall go to bed now'.
b) The teacher said to the students, 'You must listen to what your parents say'.
c) My mother said to me, 'Why did you not go to school yesterday?'
d) Kashem said to his friends, 'Let us make a garden.'
e) The officer said to the man, 'Leave the room at once'.
8. a) He said to me, 'I can sing'.
b) He said to me, `can I borrow your pen?'
c) He said to her, 'Let us go for picnic'.
d) I said to him, 'why did you insult me?'
e) I said to my brother, 'Do your job'.
9. a) He said to me, 'You do not do your duty'.
b) They congratulated me.
c) My father forbade me to keep bad company.
d) The boy said, 'Sir, please grant me leave in absence'.
e) Karim said to Rahim, 'I shall meet you today'.
10. a) The teacher said to the students, 'The sun rises in the east'.
b) They said to us, 'When will you return home?'.
c) Father said, 'Slow and steady wins the race'.
d) Ali said, 'I did not play yesterday'.
e) I said to the headmaster, 'Will you grant me a full-free studentship?'
11. a) Our teacher said to us, 'Practice makes a man perfect'.
b) The old man said to the girl, 'Always speak the truth.'
c) Karim said to me, 'Why did you call me?'
d) Laila said to Rana, 'I shall come to your house tomorrow.'
e) You said to him, 'Let us play football now.'
12. a) He said, 'I am reading a book'.
b) She said, 'I must write a letter.'
c) He said, 'Ahasan, come in.'
d) Hasan said to Dipu, 'Are you the best boy in the batch?'
e) I said to him, 'What did you want?'

1. a) He requested me politely to give him a glass of water.
b) He asked me where I lived.
c) Ripa told that she had to write a letter.
d) She says that she was ill.
e) I wished him good morning.

2. a) The teacher asked the student if he had done his English lesson that day.
b) He told me that I had to decide what I wanted to do.
c) Father advised his son to behave well always.
d) They proposed to us that they should decide the matter themselves.
e) He congratulated me.

3. a) The students respectfully requested the teacher to explain the matter again.
b) The teacher said that he might do whatever he liked.
c) The captain asked his friends if they were hungry.
d) The student respectfully replied in the affirmative and said to his teacher that he had done his duty.
e) The girl forbade her mother to worry for her.

4. a) He told us that they would open the firm.
b) I asked where she had gone the previous day
c) She told me that they might make fun.
d) He says to me that he will punish her.
e) Karim said that he had gone to Dhaka that morning.
5. a) The man told the girl that he knew her and her father.
b) The boy asked his friend if he had done the sum.
c) My friend proposed to me that they should go out for a walk.
d) Shelly told me that she wanted to go to school then.
e) The man asked me where I lived.

6. a) He told me that he had gone to my house the previous day.
b) He requested to listen to him.
c) I told the chairman that they might be allowed to do their duty.
d) Runa told her mother that she had to do good result that year.
e) He asked me if I had followed him examples.

7. a) Laila told her father that she would go to bed then.
b) The teacher told the students that they had to listen to what their parents said.
c) My mother asked me why I had not gone to school the previous day.
d) Kashem proposed to his friends that they should make a garden.
e) The officer ordered the man to leave the room at that time.

8. a) He told me that he could sing.
b) He asked me if he could borrow my pen.
c) He proposed to her that they should go out for a picnic.
d) I asked him why he had insulted me.
e) I ordered my brother to do his job.

9. a) He told me that I did not do my duty.
b) They said to me, 'Congratulations!'
c) My father said to me, 'Don't keep bad company'.
d) The boy respectfully requested to grant him leave in advance.
e) Karim told Rahim that he (K) would meet him (R) that day.
10. a) The teacher told the students that the sun rises in the east.
b) They asked us when we would return home.
c) Father said that slow and steady wins the race.
d) Ali said that he had not played the previous day.
e) I asked the headmaster if he would grant me a full-free studentship.

11. a) Our teacher said to us that practice makes a man perfect.
b) The old man told the girl to speak the truth always.
c) Karim asked me why I had called him.
d) Laila told Rana that she would go to his house the next day.
e) You proposed to him that you should play football with them.

12. a) He said that he was reading a book.
b) She said that she had to write a letter.
c) He told Ahsan to go in.
d) Hasan asked Dipu if he was the best boy in the batch.
e) I asked him what he had wanted.

3 comments:

Mahbub Murad said...

Thanks brother for your greatness. You can visit my literary site: http://life-literature12.blogspot.com/

hardik said...

There are little mistakes but good matter bro.

Unknown said...

Thank you ... 4 this ....

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...