Saturday, May 12, 2012

Expressions of Time

Expressions of Time
Past
Present
Future
yesterday
today
tomorrow
last week
this week
next week
an hour ago
now
in an hour
recently
as we speak
soon
a little while ago
at this moment
in the near future
a long time ago
these days
way off in the future
in the past
nowadays
eventually
this morning
at this time
later this evening

Time expressions usually go at the end
or at the beginning of a sentence:
Yesterday I went to school.
I went to school yesterday.
This week I'm going to New York.
I'm going to New York this week.

Other popular time expressions:
In the morning
 When I wake up in the morning, I like to drink coffee.
 What do you drink in the morning?
morning
during the day
 During the day, they go to school .
 What do you do during the day?
students
at night
 The stars and the moon come out at night.
Most people sleep at night, but cats usually stay out late.
night
in the afternoon
 In the afternoon, I come home from school and do my homework.

homework

Using time expressions with the correct verb tense will improve your English:
- Last week I went to the movies. (past tense. )
- This week I'm working early in the morning. (present continous tense to describe the entire week)
- Next week I'm going to take a trip to California. (the "going to" future)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...