Saturday, May 12, 2012

Have - Present and Past Tense

Have - Present and Past Tense
Present Tense
Past Tense
I have
We have
I had
We had
You have
You have
You had
You had
He has
He had
She has
They have
She had
They had
It has
It had
Examples:
 
I have a garden in my backyard. (present tense)
I had a garden in my backyard last year, too. (past tense)
flowers
You have some schoolwork to do.
You also had some work to do yesterday.
student
He has a beehive full of bees.
He had a beehive when he was a child.
Do you have any interest in bees?
beekeeper and bees
She has a fear of spiders.
Do you have a fear of anything?
spider
They have fun playing in the water.
They had a good time in this pool last week, too.
children in pool

Questions
Present Tense
Past Tense
Do I have...
Do we have...
Did I have...
Did we have...
Do you have...
Do you have...
Did you have...
Did you have...
Does he have...
Did he have...
Does she have...
Do they have...
Did she have...
Did they have...
Does it have...
Did it have...


Negatives
Present Tense - Negative
do / does + not + main verb
Past Tense - Negative
did + not + main verb
I don't have
We don't have
I didn't have
We didn't have
You don't have
You don't have
You didn't have
You didn't have
He doesn't have
He didn't have
She doesn't have
They don't have
She didn't have
They didn't have
It doesn't
It didn't have

It's important to understand in the examples above that the main verb is in the simple form. You can make any verb negative in the present and past tense with this method--but not the verb "be."
Below are examples of how to make the present and past tense negative with verbs other than "have."

simple
past
have
had
eat
ate
see
saw
be
was / were
Today I don't have any work to do. (present tense)
Yesterday I didn't have any work to do. (past tense)
I usually don't eat a big breakfast. (present tense)
Yesterday I didn't eat a big breakfast. (past tense)
I don't see movies very often. (present tense)
I didn't see that movie yet. (past tense)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...