Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Paragraph for PEC Exam



My Favorite Sport/Game

     There are many sports. Among them, cricket is my favorite sport. It is very interesting but costly. It keeps our body sound and strong. The game of cricket needs two teams. Each team has eleven players. It needs a big ground to play. Bats, balls and two sets of stumps are also needed. Two umpires conduct the game. At the beginning of the match, a toss is adopted to select a fielding group and a batting group. The batsman may be out in many ways. He may be bowled out, run out, stumped out and caught out. When a bowler bowls, a batsman hits the ball away and changes position with his partner before the ball is received at the wickets. Thus, one run is scored. If the ball crosses the boundary line, four runs are made. If it flies over the boundary line, six runs are scored. After interval, the fielding group comes to bat and the batting group goes to field for fielding. The team that scores more runs wins the game. The duration of the game depends on the fall of wicket or completion of the over. Cricket is very popular game all over the world. I like it very much.


Leisure/ Pastime

Leisure time means time free from work or other activities. Leisure refreshes our mind and makes us happy. A man should enjoy leisure time. Otherwise life will be meaningless. Routine work makes life boring and monotonous. Leisure is essential to enjoy life. People spend their leisure time by doing different activities like reading, writing, drawing, walking, fishing, watching TV, gardening etc.Some students enjoy their leisure time by drawing and painting. Someone loves to sing, gardening and traveling. It helps us to see the unseen and to know the unknown. The common pastimes are gossiping listening radio, watching television, reading books and newspapers etc. In the late winter, many people travel from one place to another and enjoy the natural beauty. In my leisure time, I read story books. Sometimes I read English newspaper. It makes me strong in English. I also go to the playground and play football and cricket.




My Home Town
The name of my home town is Kishoregonj. It is district town. It is only 145 kilometers north-east of Dhaka. It consists of 8 municipalities, 13 upazilas. 110 unions and 1794 village. Its area is 19.57 square kilometers. There are many important places in and around this town. They are Solakia Eid ground, Pagla Mosque etc. it is also famous for great personalities like Syed Nazrul Islam, the first acting president of Bangladesh, Sukumar Roy and the great master of painting, Zainul Abedin. I am proud of my home town.


My Visit To A Zoo

      The name of the zoo I visited is the national zoo. It is situated at Mirpur. A zoo is an interesting place to people of all ages. But it is a fascinating place particularly for children and young. I had a desire to visit the National zoo at Mirpur in Dhaka. So, few days ago, I made a plan to visit the zoo. On the fixed day, I along with some of my friends went to the zoo by rickshaw. After reaching there, I bought five tickets and entered the zoo. I was amazed to see the collection of birds and animals. First, we went near to the cage of the Royal Bengal Tiger. The arrogant and royal movement of the tiger made us spellbound. Then we went near to the cage of monkeys. Their peculiar attitude amused everybody. One by one, we went near to the cage of lions, deer, zebras, asses, bear, snakes, elephants etc. We also went near to the cage of peacocks, ostrich, dhanesh etc. I learned many things about the life-style and food habits of different kinds of birds and animals. I stayed there about three hours. The experience that I have gathered through visiting the zoo will remain ever fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...