Wednesday, July 18, 2012

CLASS FIVE: MY COUNTRY

Lesson-20 : My country
Read the given text and answer question-(1-3)
The name of our country is Bangladesh. It became independent in 1971. Dhaka is its capital. Bangladesh is a small country. It�s land area is 1,47570 square kilometres. But it has a large population. About 140 million people live here. Bangladesh is mainly an agricultural country. Its main crops are rice, jute, sugar cane and tea. Many kinds of fruits also grow here. Jackfruits, mangoes, bananas, pineapples, guavas and watermelons are the most common. My country has also many rivers. The main river are the Padma, the Meghna, the Jamuna and the Karnaphuly.
There are many variety of fishes in these rivers. We have many interesting places. The Sundarbans, Rangamati and Cox's Bazar are very attractive. The Royal Bengal Tiger Lives in the Sundarbans. Cox's Bazar is the longest beach in the world. It is about 120 kilometres long.
Many people visit these places every year. Bangladesh is a peaceful country. People from different communities live here in peace. I love my country very much.
Ques. Write the best answer.
a) What is the capital of Bangladesh.
i. Chittagong ii. Dhaka
iii. Khulna iv. Barisal.
Ans. Dhaka.
b) When did Bangladesh become independent?
i. 1969 ii. 1975
iii. 1971 iv. 1990
c) What is the area of Bangladesh?
i. 1,47,570 square kilometres.
ii. 2,47,570 square kilometres.
iii. 1,44,570 square kilometres.
iv. 47,570 square kilometres.
d) What kind of country is Bangladesh?
i. Dependent ii. Colonial
iii. pressed iv. Independent
Ans. Independent.
e) The population of Bangladesh is �
i. 140 million ii. 120 million
iii. 240 million iv. one crore
Ans. 140 million.
f) How many names of fruits are mentioned in the above passage?
i. Four ii. Five
iii. Two iv. Six
Ans. Six.
g) How many main rivers are there in Bangladesh?
i. Three ii. Four
iii. Ten iv. Twenty
Ans. Four.
h) Where does the Royal Bengal Tiger live?
i. Cox's Bazar ii. Rangamati
iii. Mirpur iv. Sundarbans
i) How many crore of people live in Bangladesh according to the text?
i. 14 ii. 15
iii. 16 iv. 20
j) Which of the following senteces is in correct order?
i. Love I my country very much.
ii. My love I very country much.
iii. I love my country very much.
iv. Very much my country love I.
Ans. I love my country very much.

Ques. Fill in the blanks.
a) The population of Bangladesh is about � million.
Ans. The population of Bangladesh is about 140 million.
b) My country has many � .
Ans. My country has many rivers.
c) We have many � places.
Ans. We have many interesting places.
d) Cox's Bazar beach is about � long.
Ans. Cox's Bazar beach is about 120 kilometres long.
e) � is the capital of Bangladesh.
Ans. Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh.
f) Bangladesh is mainly an � country.
Ans. Bangladesh is mainly an agricultural country.
g) People from different communities live in � here.
Ans. People from different communities live in peace here.
h) Bangladesh has a land area of � square kilometers.
Ans. Bangladesh has a land area of 1,47,570 square kilometres.
i) There are many � of fishers in these rivers.
Ans. There are many variety of fishes in these rivers.
j) I � my country very much.
Ans. I love my country very much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you soo much 😊💕✨

Anonymous said...

How many people visit the interesting place for every year?

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...