Passage Narration for SSC Examination:
1. The new teacher entered the classroom and said, “Can you tell me what I should do now?” “No Sir.”, one of the students said. The teacher smiled and said, “Try to guess.” “You should introduce yourself to us.” another student said. “Thank you.” said the teacher. “You’re really brilliant.”(GKRb bZzb wk¶K ‡kªYx‡Z cÖ‡ek Kij Ges ejj, Ò‡Zvgiv wK ej‡Z cvi Avgvi wK Kiv DwPZ|Ó Òbv m¨vi|Zv‡`i g‡a¨ GKRb QvÎ ejj|wk¶K nvmj Ges ejj, ÒAbygvb Ki‡Z †Póv Ki|Ó ÒAvcbvi cÖ_‡g cwiwPwZ nIqv DwPZ|Ówk¶K ej‡jb, Ò‡Zvgv‡K ab¨ev`|ÓÒZzwg mwZ¨B †gavex QvÎ|)
Answer: The new teacher entered the classroom and asked the students if they could tell him what he should do then. One of the students replied respectfully in the negative. The teacher smiled and told them to try to guess. Another student said that he should introduce himself to them. The teacher thanked him and said that he was really brilliant.
2. The teacher said to the boy, “Why do you make a noise in the class? You are not attentive to your lessons.” “Sorry Sir” said the boy. “I was asking for a pen to my friend.” “Be attentive and listen to what I say.”(wk¶K evjKwU‡K ejj , ÒZzwg †kªYx‡Z †Kb SMov Ki?Ó Zzwg †Zvgvi cv‡V g‡bv‡hvMx bq| Ò`ytwLZÓ evjKwU ejj| ÒAvwg Avgvi eÜzi KvQ †_‡K GKwU Kjg PvB‡ZwQjvg|Ó Òcv‡V g‡bv‡hvMx nI Avwg hv ewj|Ó
Answer: The teacher asked the boy why he (B) made a noise in the class. He added that he (B) was not attentive to his (B) lessons. The boy apologized to the teacher respectfully. He added that he (B) had been asking for a pen to his (B) friend. Then the teacher advised him (B) to be attentive and to listen to what he (T) said.
3. Omar(R) said to the woman, “Where do you live?” The woman said, “I live in a poor hut south end to this town. I am hungry but there is no food in my house. Will you give me something to eat?” Hazrat Omar(R) said, “Go home. I am coming with food and money.”(Igi (ivt) gwnjvwU‡K ejj,ÒZzwg †Kv_vq _vK?Ó gwnjvwU ejj, ÒAvwg GB kn‡i †_‡K `w¶Y w`‡K GK cÖv‡š— GKwU ‡QvU Ky‡o N‡i evm Kwi| Avwg Lye ¶yav©Z wKš‘ Avgvi evwo‡Z †Kvb Lvevi †bB|Avgv‡K wK wKQy ‡L‡Z Lvevi w`‡e| nhiZ Igi (ivt) ejj, Òevwo hvI| Avwg Lvevi Ges UvKvcqmv wb‡q AvmwQ|Ó
Answer: Omar (R) asked the woman where she lived. The woman replied that she lived in a poor hut south end to this town. She added that she was hungry but there was no food in her house. She also asked him if he would give her something to eat. Hazrat Omar (R) told her to go home and added that he was coming with food and money.
4. The old man said, “Can you give me some food? I have been starving for two days.” The maid said, “Why do you beg? Can’t you work?” “No, I am unable to work.”said the old man. Zzwg wK Avgv‡K wKQy Lvevi w`‡Z cvi‡e ? Avwg `yÕw`b hveZ Abvnv‡i AvwQÓ| PvKivbxwU ejj ÓZzwg wf¶v Ki †Kb? Zzwg KvR Ki‡Z cvi bv|? Ó bv , Avwg KvR Ki‡Z A¶g Ó e„Ø ‡jvKwU ejj|)
Answer: The old man asked the maid if she could give him some food. He added that he had been starving for two days. The maid asked him why he begged. She again asked him if could not work. Replying negatively the old man said that he was unable to work.
5. “Nasreen, have you done your English lesson today?” asked the teacher.” Yes” Sir, I have done it. But I haven’t understood some grammatical points.” replied Nasreen. “Where is the problem?” said the teacher. “Let us try again.”(wk¶K wRÁvmv Kij, Òbvmwib Zzwg wK AvR †Zvgvi cvV m¤úbœ K‡iQ?Ó Òn¨v,m¨vi, Avwg Bnv K‡iwQ| wKš‘ Avwg wKQy e¨vKvi‡Yi Ask eyS‡Z cv‡iwb|bvmwib DËi w`j|
Answer: The teacher asked Nasreen if she had done her English lesson that day. Replying respectfully in the positive Nasreen said that she had done it. But she added that she had not understood some grammatical points. The teacher asked her where the problem was. He proposed that they should try again.
6. A fruit seller said, “Which fruit do you want to buy? I have apples from Australia, oranges from Darjeeling, grapes from Kashmir.” The customer said, “What fruits of our country do you have?” The fruit selller said, “I have coconut, guava and jackfruit.” The customer said, “Give one kg of guava as it will be the substitution of Australian apples.”(GK dj we‡µZv ejj, †Kvb ‡Kvb dj Avcwb wKb‡Z Pvb ? Avgvi Kv‡Q A‡÷wjqvi Av‡cj,`vwR©wjs Gi Kgjv,Kvk¥x‡ii Av½yi Av‡Q |Ó ‡µZv ej‡jb| Ò†Zvgvi Kv‡Q Avgv‡`i †`‡ki wK dj Av‡Q ?Ó we‡µZv ejj, ÒAvgvi Kv‡Q bvwi‡Kj,†cqviv I KvuVvj Av‡Q|Ó †µZv ejj, ÒAvgvi GK †KwR †cqviv `vI †h‡nZz GUv n‡e A‡÷wjqvi Av‡c‡ji weKí |Ó)
Answer: A fruit seller asked the customer which fruit he wanted to buy. Then he said that he (S) had apples from Australia, oranges from Darjeeling, grapes from Kasmir. The customer asked the fruit seller what fruits of their country he (S) had. The fruit seller replied that he (S) had coconut, guava and jackfruit. The customer requested him (S) to give one kg of guava as it would be the substitute of Australian apples.
7. “I have got G.P.A. 5 in the S.S.C. Examination,” said Kamal. “Congratulations.” “What do you intend to do now?” asked Hasan.“I want to study in a reputed college. I will try to get myself admitted into Dhaka College, Said Kamal. (ÒAvwg Gm.Gm.wm cix¶vq wR.wc.G-5 †c‡qwQ,Ó Kvgvj ejj| ÒAwfb›`b!Ó ÒZzwg GLb wK Ki‡Z PvI?Ónvmvb wRÁvmv Kij|ÒAvwg GKwU bvgKiv K‡j‡R fwZ© n‡Z PvB|Avwg XvKv K‡j‡R fwZ© nIqvi Rb¨ †Póv Kie|Ó
Answer: Kamal said that he had got GPA- 5 in the SSC examination. Hasan congratulated Kamal. He asked him (K) what he (K) intend to do then. Kamal replied that he (K) wanted to study in a reputed college and he (K) added that he would try to get himself admitted into Dhaka college.
8. “Why you are putting up the food in your pocket, Sir?” asked the noble man. “I am doing the right thing.My dress deserves the rich dishes,” replied Sheikh Saadi. “Please tell me clearly what you mean to say?” said the noble man.(ÓRbve, Avcwb Avcbvi Lvevi †Kb c‡K‡U ivL‡Qb?Ó Avcwb †Kb Lv‡”Qb bv ? m¤£vš— †jvKwU ejj | ÒAvwg mwVK KvRwU KiwQ, GB `vgx Lvevi ¸‡jv GB †cvkv‡Ki Rb¨ gvbvbmB,Ó ‡kL mv`x DËi w`j |ÓÒ AbyMÖn K‡i Avgv‡K ejyb Avcwb wK ej‡Z Pv‡”Qb|Ó Avwg eyS‡Z cviwQ bv Avcwb wK ej‡Z Pv‡”QbÓ m¤£vš— †jvKwU ejj, Ó
Answer: The noble man asked Sheikh saadi respectfully why he (S) was putting up the food in his (S) pocket. Sheikh saadi replied that he was doing the right thing and he added that his dress deserved the rich dishes. The noble man requested Sheikh saadi to tell him clearly what he (S) meant to say.
9. “Have you ever been to Cox’s Bazar?”asked Shabab“No, I have never gone there, replied Labib. “But I desire for visiting the place” “I had an opportunity to visit the sea beach last year “said Shabab” “Let us go there this week.”(ÒZzwg wK KLbI KKvªevRvi wM‡qQ?Ómveve wR‡Ám Kij|Òbv,Avwg KLbI hvB wb,Ójvwee DËi w`j|ÓÒwKš‘ Avwg RvqMvwU ågY Kivi Avkv †cvlY Kwi|ÓÒMZ eQi Avwg eQi Avgvi GK my‡hvM N‡UwQj mgy`ªª‰mKZ ågYKivi,Ómveve ejj| ÒPj Avgiv GB mßv‡n †mLv‡b hvq|Ó)
Answer:Shabab asked Labib if he ever been to Cox’s Bazer. Labib replied in the negative that he(L) had never gone there. But he added that he desired for visiting the place. Shabab said that he had an opportunity to visit sea beach the previous year. He proposed that they should go there that week.
10. “I came to Bogra this afternoon. I sent you a massage before starting from home” Roka said” Did you receive it in time? she asked “No, I did not receive” I replied. (ÒAvwg AvR we‡K‡j e¸ov G‡mwQ |evwo †_‡K iIqvbv †`Iqvi c~‡e© Avwg msev` cvwV‡qwQjvg , ÕÕ †ivKv ejj |Òmgq g‡Zv Zv Avcwb †c‡q‡Qb wK?ÕÕ †m wR‡Ámv Kij |Òbv Avwg Zv cvBbv,ÒAvwg DIi w`jvg |)
Answer: Roka told me that she had gone to Bogra that afternoon. She added that she had sent me a message before starting from home. She asked me if I had received it in time. I replied in the negative that I had not received it.